June 16th, 2015 by Lyle Smith
QNAP TS-431U Turbo NAS Now Available
QNAP Systems has announced the availability of the TS-431U, a new 4-bay TS-431U Turbo NAS designed to offer optimal price/performance in a 1U network storage server chassis for file sharing, backup, synchronization, and more. The TS-431U comes equipped with an advanced Freescale dual-core 1.2GHz processor and 1GB DDR3 RAM for multi-tasking and provides businesses with a private cloud for easily and securely accessing data.
QNAP touts the new TS-431U as a reliable and affordable, yet high-performance, network storage solution, boasting upwards of 148MB/s read and 119MB/s write throughput with its dual Gigabit LAN ports. The TS-431U supports dual IP settings, port-trunking modes and allows its users to set up fault tolerance or link aggregation for increased data throughput.
The TS-431U also comes with numerous essential business applications, including:
- Cross-platform file sharing for Windows, Mac, and Linux/UNIX users to provide centralized storage
- Windows AD, LDAP directory services and advanced permission settings; backup solutions for Windows and Mac
- Disaster recovery solutions with RTRR or rsync and backup to Microsoft Azure, Amazon S3/Glacier, Google Cloud Storage, Rackspace, IBM SoftLayer and HP Helion Cloud
- Qsync for file synchronization across multiple devices to enhance teamwork and collaboration
Like most QNAP NAS devices, the TS-431U is also designed to enhance daily office work with various other applications. Surveillance Station offers businesses with a professional network surveillance video management system supporting real-time monitoring, video and audio recording and playback while Notes Station offers a digital note-taking tool based on a private cloud for idea-sharing and collaboration. In addition, media streaming through DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast and Plex Media Server gives users the option to play multimedia content stored on the TS-431U with compatible Smart TVs and media players.
- CPU: Freescale ARM Cortex-A9 dual-core 1.2GHz processor with hardware encryption engine
- Floating Point Unit
- Hardware Encryption Engine
- DRAM: 1GB DDR3 RAM
- Flash Memory: 512MB
- Hard Disk Drive 4 x 3.5" or 2.5" SATA 6Gb/s, SATA 3Gb/s hard drive or SSD
- Hard Disk Tray: 4 Hot-swappable and lockable trays
- LAN Port: 2 Gigabit RJ-45 Ethernet ports with porting trunking support
- LED Indicators: Status, LAN, USB, HDD 1-4
- 4 x USB 3.0 ports (rear)
- 1 x USB 2.0 port (front)
- Support USB printer, pen drive, and USB UPS etc.
- Buttons: Power, USB One-Touch-Copy, Reset
- Alarm Buzzer: System warning
- Form Factor: 1U, rack mountable
- 44 (H) x 439 (W) x 499 (D) mm
- 1.73 (H) x 17.28 (W) x 19.65 (D) inch
- Weight: Net weight: 7.63 kg (16.82 lbs)
- Gross weight: 11.60 kg (25.57 lbs)
- Power Consumption (W):
- HDD standby: 19.3W
- Typical operation: 34.9W
- (with 4 x 2 TB HDDs installed)
- Operating Temperature: 0 - 40˚C, 5~95% RH non-condensing, wet bulb: 27˚C
- Power Supply: Input: 100-240V AC, 50/60Hz; Output: 250W
- Fan: 2 x 4cm cooling fan (12V DC)
The TS-431U Turbo NAS is now available.