June 11th, 2018 by Lyle Smith
QNAP TS-x32XU Rackmount NAS Series Now Available
QNAP has announced the immediate availability of the TS-x32XU rackmount NAS series: the 4-bay TS-432XU, 8-bay TS-832XU, and 12-bay TS-1232XU, all of which have single power and redundant power options. Powered by the new 64-bit Alpine AL-324 ARMv8 Cortex-A57 quad-core 1.7 GHz processor and DDR4 memory, the TS-x32XU boasts noticeable performance improvements and supports snapshots, Qtier 2.0 tiered storage and RAID 50/60. The new QNAP NAS is designed for small to medium-sized businesses looking for a versatile solution that can scale based on their needs.
As far as connectivity goes, the TS-x32XU series comes equipped with the usual two 10GbE SFP+ network ports, two Gigabit network ports, four USB 3.0 Type A ports and one PCI Express (PCIe) 2.0 x2 slot. The TS-x32XU can also be expanded via the PCIe slot using QNAP expansion cards, which include the QXG-10G1T 10GBASE-T/NBASE-T Multi-Gigabit wired network adapter, QM2 M.2 SSD/10GBASE-T expansion cards and the USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10 Gbps) Type A expansion cards.
The TS-x32XU series is managed by the QTS operating system, QNAP’s proprietary NAS operation system that features versatile functionality for data protection and workflow acceleration. With it, organizations can enable snapshots for volume and LUN protection/restoration, use Hybrid Backup Sync for local/remote/cloud data backup, restore and sync, and enable SSD caching and/or Qtier 2.0 tiered storage (with 2.5-inch SATA SSDs or M.2 SSDs, via QM2 expansion cards). The QTS App Center also offers a wide range of other apps from both QNAP and third parties to expand the potential use cases of the TS-x32XU series.
- Redundant power supply models:
- TS-432XU-RP: Rackmount, 1U, up to four 3.5-inch HDD or 2.5-inch HDD/SSD, 2 GB DDR4 RAM
- TS-832XU-RP: Rackmount, 2U, up to eight 3.5-inch HDD or 2.5-inch HDD/SSD, 4 GB DDR4 RAM
- TS-1232XU-RP: Rackmount, 2U, up to twelve 3.5-inch HDD or 2.5-inch HDD/SSD, 4 GB DDR4 RAM
- Single power supply models:
- TS-432XU: Rackmount, 1U, up to four 3.5-inch HDD or 2.5-inch HDD/SSD, 2 GB DDR4 RAM
- TS-832XU: Rackmount, 2U, up to eight 3.5-inch HDD or 2.5-inch HDD/SSD, 4 GB DDR4 RAM
- TS-1232XU: Rackmount, 2U, up to twelve 3.5-inch HDD or 2.5-inch HDD/SSD, 4 GB DDR4 RAM
- 64-bit Annapurna Labs Alpine AL-324 ARMv8 Cortex-A57 quad-core 1.7 GHz processor; RAM expandable to 1 x 16 GB (Long-DIMM form factor); hot-swappable 3.5- and 2.5-inch SATA 6 Gbps HDD and/or SSD; two 10GbE SFP+ network ports, two Gigabit network ports; four USB 3.0 Type A ports; one PCI Express (PCIe) 2.0 x2 slot (x4 slot length)
The TS-x32XU series NAS is available for purchase now.