June 5th, 2018 by Lyle Smith
QNAP TS-x63XU Series Now Available
QNAP has released the TS-x63XU, a new 10GbE-ready rack-mountable NAS available in 4, 8, and 12-bay models with redundant power supply options. Powered by an AMD G-Series GX-420MC quad-core 2.0 GHz processor, a maximum of 16GB DDR3L memory (4GB standard), and the company’s intelligent QTS operating system, QNAP indicates that their new NAS solution is ideal for bandwidth-demanding data centers, virtualization and business organizations looking for a secure private cloud.
The TS-x63XU comes with a single-port 10GbE 10GBASE-T network card that supports 10G/5G/2.5G/1G/100M. It is also quoted to boast a fairly impressive 1,038MB/s read and 985MB/s read transfer rates using AES-NI encryption acceleration. In addition, the TS-x63XU features SSD caching, tiered storage allocation, and the ability to expand storage even further with a QNAP 12-bay expansion enclosure (UX-1200U-RP and UX-800U-RP).
As far as virtualization goes, QNAP’s new NAS series supports the usual suspects: VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Hyper-V and Windows Server 2016, while having the ability to natively host virtual machines (Windows, Linux, UNIX and Android) and LXC and Docker containers.
Like all QNAP devices, users will have full access to the QTS App Center via the TS-x63XU. This includes:
- Qsync, which enables file sync across devices to boost team collaboration
- QRM+, which simplifies central management of Windows, Linux, and IPMI devices and facilitates easy troubleshooting
- Qfiling, which automates file organization without needing any extra effort or time
- QIoT Suite Lite, which is a hands-on IoT development app that allows organizations to easily acquire a private cloud combining storage and IoT applications
For those looking to use their TS-x63XU as an inexpensive professional surveillance system, QNAP has you covered. QVR Pro provides an easy way to build a home surveillance environment hosted a QNAP NAS, offering 8 embedded monitoring channels without any extra software needed.
Redundant power supply
- TS-463XU-RP: 4-bay, 1U rackmount
- TS-863XU-RP: 8-bay, 2U rackmount
- TS-1263XU-RP: 12-bay, 2U rackmount
Single power supply
- TS-463XU: 4-bay, 1U rackmount
- TS-863XU: 8-bay, 2U rackmount
- TS-1263XU: 12-bay, 2U rackmount
- AMD embedded G-Series GX-420MC quad-core 2.0 GHz processor, with AES-NI encryption engine; dual channel 4GB DDR3LSO-DIMM RAM (upgradable to 16GB); hot-swappable 2.5"/3.5" SATA 6Gbps HDD/SSD; 1x 10GBASE-T RJ-45 LAN port, 4x Gigabit LAN ports; 2x USB 3.0 ports; 2x USB 2.0 ports (TS-463XU-RP/TS-463XU provides 3x USB 2.0 ports)
The TS-x63XU series NAS solutions are available for purchase now.