August 1st, 2017 by Lyle Smith
QNAP TS-x73U NAS Series Now Available
QNAP has announced the availability of their new business-class TS-x73U series of NAS solutions. Available in 8, 12 and 16-bay models, this new line is powered by an AMD Embedded R-Series RX-421ND quad-core CPU and comes equipped with a dual-port 10GbE SFP+ network card and two M.2 SATA 6Gb/s SSD slots. The rack-mountable TS-x73U series also features single and redundant power supply options and is designed for organizations that require a secure private cloud and efficient IT infrastructure for 10GbE networks. The TS-x73U series supports VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Hyper-V and Windows Server 2012 R2 and other advanced virtualization applications.
Leveraging this dual 10GbE configuration allows the TS-x73U series to boast upwards of 1,567 MB/s in throughput, and the accelerated encryption engine with AES-NI enables encryption performance of up to 1,244 MB/s. The TS-x73U series can be scaled as well through QNAP expansion enclosures (REXP-1620U-RP, REXP-1220U-RP, UX-1200U-RP, UX-800U-RP).
The TS-x73U series supports file sharing across Windows, Mac, and Linux/UNIX, Qsync cross-device synchronization, Windows AD/LDAP directory services and Windows ACL, domain controller for Windows, Windows/Mac backup, Snapshot, and data recovery with RTRR, rsync and cloud backup. In addition, QNAP’s QTS App Center has many useful applications to help improve day-to-day workflows, including the following:
- Qfiling provides automated file organization
- Qsirch gives users instant file searching
- QVPN setting is a VPN server/client
- Browser Station accesses private network resources
- IFTTT Agent provides productive workflow automation
- QVR Pro for building a video surveillance solution
- Redundant power supply:
- TS-873U-RP: 8-bay, 2U rackmount
- TS-1273U-RP: 12-bay, 2U rackmount
- TS-1673U-RP: 16-bay, 3U rackmount
- Single power supply:
- TS-873U: 8-bay, 2U rackmount
- TS-1273U: 12-bay, 2U rackmount
- TS-1673U: 16-bay, 3U rackmount
- AMD RX-421ND quad-core 2.1 GHz processor (with Turbo Core up to 3.4 GHz), dual channel 8GB/16GB/64GB DDR4 UDIMM RAM (upgradable to 64GB); hot-swappable 2.5"/3.5" SATA 6Gbps HDD/SSD; 2x M.2 SATA 6Gb/s 2280 SSD slots; pre-installed dual-port 10GbE SFP+ NIC; 4x Gigabit LAN ports; 2 x USB 3.0 ports, 4 x USB 2.0 ports
The TS-x73U series NAS is now available for purchase.