August 14th, 2017 by Adam Armstrong
QNAP Unveils Quad-core Rackmount TS-x53BU NAS Series
Today QNAP Systems, Inc. unveiled a new series of quad-core, rackmount NAS devices, the TS-x53U Series. These new NAS are available in 4-, 8-, and 12-bay designs with both single and redundant power supplies in either 1U or 2U form factors. The new series also comes with 4 Gigabit LAN ports and expandability for M.2 SSD and 10GbE connections making it an ideal choice for SMB that need stable, secure, and high-performance storage.
The new series is powered by a 14nm Intel Celeron J3455 quad-core 1.5GHz processor (burst up to 2.3 GHz), up to 8GB dual-channel DDR3L RAM, and SATA 6Gb/s storage. According to QNAP, the new series is able to hit up to 415MB/s read speed and up to 416MB/s read with Intel AES-NI 256-bit encryption. To further hit higher performance, the new series has a PCIe slot that allows users to install a QNAP QM2 M.2 SSD/10GbE LAN adapter. Or users can install a 10GbE/ Gigabit adapter or a USB 3.1 10Gbps adapter for diverse storage applications.
As with many QNAP NAS solutions, the TS-x53U series is powered by QTS (4.3) operating system. QTS enables user to make better use of their storage though its Qtier auto-tiering technology. Users can manage and monitor networked Windows, Linux and IPMI-compatible devices through a single platform with QRM+. And the QTS-Linux dual systems TS-x53BU series also allows users to develop or utilize IoT packages for Linux and display them using HDMI output.
Key specifications of new models
- Redundant power supply:
- TS-453BU-RP-4G: 4-bay, 4GB DDR3L RAM
- TS-453BU-RP-8G: 4-bay, 8GB DDR3L RAM
- TS-853BU-RP-4G: 8-bay, 4GB DDR3L RAM
- TS-853BU-RP-8G: 8-bay, 8GB DDR3L RAM
- TS-1253BU-RP-4G: 12-bay, 4GB DDR3L RAM
- TS-1253BU-RP-8G: 12-bay, 8GB DDR3L RAM
- Single power supply:
- TS-453BU-4G: 4-bay, 4GB DDR3L RAM
- TS-453BU-8G: 4-bay, 8GB DDR3L RAM
- TS-853BU-4G: 8-bay, 4GB DDR3L RAM
- TS-853BU-8G: 8-bay, 8GB DDR3L RAM
- TS-1253BU-4G: 12-bay, 4GB DDR3L RAM
- TS-1253BU-8G: 12-bay, 8GB DDR3L RAM
- Rackmount form factor; Quad-core Intel Celeron J3455 1.5GHz processor (burst up to 2.3GHz), dual-channel 4GB/8GB DDR3L SODIMM RAM (user upgradable to 8GB); hot-swappable 2.5”/3.5” SATA 6Gbps HDD/SSD; 4 x Gigabit LAN ports; 1 x HDMI v1.4b (up to 4K UHD); 4 x USB 3.0 ports; 1 x PCIe Gen.2 x2 slot.
The TS-x53BU series is now available.