January 20th, 2015 by Lyle Smith
QNAP VS-x71U series Turbo vNAS Now Available
QNAP Systems has announced the release of their new 10GbE-ready TVS-x71U series Turbo vNAS, including the TVS-871U-RP and TVS-1271U-RP. The TVS-x71U series provide high performance, scalability, a wide selection of business applications, and are designed for mission-critical storage needs and with persistent throughput for resource-demanding applications. With an HDMI display, the new line allows users to directly access stored data, monitor live surveillance feeds, and play and multimedia content.
The TVS-x71U series is available in 8 and 12-bay rackmount models and is powered by Intel Haswell CPU with options such as Pentium, Core i3, Core i5 and Core i7 processors. These processors are quoted to boast over 3,300MB/s throughput and 162,000 IOPS for CPU-consuming tasks including running a Virtualization Station, serving large numbers of simultaneous connections, and 4K video playback and transcoding. In addition, the TVS-x71U series supports two on-board internal cache ports for users to install mSATA flash modules for IOPS-demanding applications. Users can also progressively expand their total storage up to 1PB in raw capacity by connecting multiple QNAP RAID expansion enclosures (i.e. REXP-1600U-RP and REXP-1200U-RP).
QNAP's QvPC Technology uses various high-end technologies such as VM integration, multimedia transcoding, HDMI output, cloud integration and NAS connection technologies. To turn the NAS into a cost-effective PC substitute, users can simply connect a keyboard, mouse and HDMI display, which allows them to directly access stored data, run multiple applications on Windows/Linux/UNIX/Android-based VMs, surf the web, play 4K UHD videos with up to 7.1 audio with XBMC, and monitor surveillance live feeds from IP cameras.
Other features include:
- Supports VMware, Microsoft and Citrix virtualization solutions for easy virtual storage management
- Its cross-platform file sharing is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux/UNIX platforms allows for seamless file exchange and operational efficiency in organizations.
- The support for Windows AD, LDAP directory services and Windows ACL improves the efficiency of permission settings.
- The TVS-x71U series can also act as a domain controller for Windows, and offers flexible backup solutions for Windows and Mac users and disaster recovery solutions including RTRR, rsync and cloud storage backup.
- The IT Management Station allows businesses of all sizes to centrally manage multi-OS and multi-site IT assets. The Surveillance Station offers a professional surveillance solution with real-time monitoring, video & audio recording and playback to help secure office environments.
- TVS-871U-RP-i5-8G: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5 GHz dual-core processor and 4GB DDR3 RAM
- TVS-871U-RP-i3-4G: Intel Pentium G3250 3.2 GHz dual-core processor and 4GB DDR3 RAMTVS-871U-RP-PT-4G: Intel Pentium G3250 3.1 GHz dual-core processor and 4GB DDR3 RAM (2GBx2)
- TVS-1271U-RP-i7-32G: Intel Core i7-4790S 3.2 GHz quad-core processor and 32GB RAM (8GBx4)
- TVS-1271U-RP-i5-16G: Intel Core i5-4590S 3.0 GHz quad-core processor and 16GB DDR3 RAM (8GBx2)
- TVS-1271U-RP-i3-8G: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5 GHz dual-core processor and 8GB DDR3 RAM (4GBx2)
- TVS-1271U-RP-PT-4G: Intel Pentium G3250 3.1 GHz dual-core processor and 4GB DDR3 RAM (2GBx2)
- 3.5"/2.5" SATA 6Gb/s, 3Gb/s hard drives and SSD, hard drives hot-swappable; 4 x Gigabit LAN port; 10GbE ready (optional purchase); 2 x PCle expansion slot; 2 x internal cache port; 4 x USB 3.0 port; HDMI
The new TVS-x71U series Turbo vNAS is now available.