September 17th, 2018 by Michael Rink
Quest Releases Version 9.0 KACE
Quest Software announced today the general availability of KACE Systems Management Appliance (SMA) 9.0, a comprehensive, multi-platform endpoint and asset management solution running on Windows and Mac operating systems. KACE is intended to help businesses provision, manage, secure and service their growing endpoint environments. 9.0 features improvements to workflow and infrastructure, as well as updates to Service Desk, asset management, endpoint communications, and security functionalities.
KACE SMA 9.0 (also known as the K1000) empowers IT admins to manage network-attached devices with one console; rather than multiple, disparate solutions. Through a single-pane-of-glass view, businesses can manage devices, manage security risks, address service tickets, and audit for compliance. IT admins can also ensure that software licensing is being used efficiently to avoid waste, and reduce the time and resources required for troubleshooting errors. A SysTray application has also been added to show the connection status of the agent for Windows and Mac and allows for restart of the agent or a forced inventory with just the click of a mouse. Additionally, KACE SMA’s updated user interface allows for light, dark or hybrid environments, allowing administrators to set their work environment to their personal preference which is a nice thought. Too few software vendors provide options for dark themed or low-light environment workstations.
New features and functionalities in KACE SMA 9.0 include:
- Service Desk and User Console: Automated Service Desk ticketing allows certain alerts to create new Service Desk tickets automatically
- Software License Harvest Assistant to detect and remove seldom used software
- support for Raspberry Pi/Raspbian Linux Agent
- Two-factor authentication
- A common calendar for a global view of events such as managed installs, patching, scripts, and OVAL scanning.
Returning features include:
- Centralized, unattended image deployment
- Windows User State Management
- hardware and software inventories
- automated patching of mission-critical applications and operating systems
- Chromebook management