July 28th, 2015 by Adam Armstrong
Savage IO Releases SavageStor
Today Savage IO released its software agnostic, open storage platform, SavageStor. Savage IO states that SavageStor is the most-densely populated storage server on the market. SavageStor is designed to handle the capacity and IO needs of cloud storage, big data analytics, HPC, enterprise and ROBO environments.
With Savage IO’s motto of “thinking inside the box” in mind, SavageStor is an all-in-hardware (server, networking, controller and storage) solution. Designed to work seamlessly with existing networks, SavageStor claims to provide 40% faster compute performance, 50% less power and cooling used, requires 90% lower management resources, all the while taking up 75% less floor space. SavageStor comes with a drive drawer that allows for hot-swapping of drives without powering down. There are 48 bays in the drive drawer that allow for any combination of SAS and SATA. And SavageStor Claims it can hit speeds up to 25GB/s.
SavageStor is shipped software free. Being software free eliminates certain issues such as software incompatibilities, performance drains and extra costs caused by poor integration, vendor lock-in, rigidly defined management, and unjustifiable licensing schemes. Also being software free makes it an appealing option for open-source software.
- Form Factor: 4U
- CPU supported: Up to 2 Intel Xeon E5-2600
- Memory (Max): 512GB
- Memory supported: DDR3 ECC UDIMM 1600, RDIMM 1600, & LRDIMM 1333
- Internal drives: 48
- SSD drives: 4
- Max internal capacity: 192TB
- Drives supported:
- 3.5” SATA (III) (7200 RPM): 500GB, 1TB, 2TB, 3TB, and 4TB
- 3.5” SAS (10,000 RPM): 600GB
- 3.5” SAS (15,000 RPM): 146GB, 30GB, 450GB, and 600GB
- 2.5” SSD: 60GB, 120GB, 180GB, 240GB, and 480GB
- Levels: 0, 1, 5, and 6
- Spans: 10, 50, and 60
- Management: Savi 360 remote management suite
- Up to 14 x 1GbE
- Up to 12 10Gb SFP+FC, iSCSI, Ethernet
- Up to 6 QDR/FDR Infiniband
The Savage IO SavageStor is available now.