September 27th, 2016 by Lyle Smith
Toshiba Announces The OCZ TL100 Series Of Entry-Level SSDs
Toshiba has announced the OCZ TL100 series, the company’s newest line of entry-level consumer SSDs. Featuring Toshiba TLC NAND flash memory, these budget-friendly drives are designed for users looking to upgrade their HHD-based system to solid-state technology at an inexpensive price-point. The TL100 (as well as the TR150) stands out among the flooded market of entry-level SSDs due to its reliability features and extensive 3-year warranty program.
Toshiba quotes the TL100 series with sequential read and write speeds of up to 550MB/s and 530MB/s, respectively, while random read and write performance of up to 85,000 and 80,000 IOPS, respectively. Toshiba adds that the new SSDs feature low power consumption, which promotes longer battery life for mobile users.
Toshiba OCZ TL100 Series Specifications
- Capacities: 120GB, 240GB
- Sequential Read: Up to 550 MB/s
- Sequential Write: Up to 530 MB/s
- Random Read3 (4KiB, QD32): Up to 85,000 IOPS
- Random Write3 (4KiB, QD32): Up to 80,000 IOPS
- TBW (Total Bytes Written): 30TB (120GB), 60TB (240GB)
- Daily Usage Guidelines: 27GB/day (120GB), 54GB/day (240GB)
The OCZ TL100 SATA SSD Series are available in capacities of 120GB and 240GB and is backed by the company’s extensive 3-year Advanced Warranty Program.