May 6th, 2015 by Adam Armstrong
Veeam Introduces FastSCP For Azure & Management Pack v8 For System Center
Veeam Software announced two new free tools, Veeam FastSCP for Microsoft Azure and a new Veeam Management Pack (MP) v8 for Microsoft System Center. Both of these new tools are aimed at helping customers more easily adopt Microsoft’s hybrid cloud into their IT strategy. Veeam will be demonstrating both tools in booth number 114, at Microsoft ignite, from May 4–8, 2015 in Chicago, IL.
Veeam FastSCP for Microsoft Azure is the latest edition of free tools offered by Veeam, other include Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE, Veeam Backup Free Edition, Veeam ONE Free Edition and Veeam Task Manager for Hyper-V. FastSCP is designed to simplify and accelerate the use of hybrid clouds for any sized organization. No addition software or purchases are required to use FastSCP. FastSCP will solve issues such as connection and management complications when users move data to and from on-premises locations to Azure VMs. And FastSCP will speed adoption of Azure with its ability to simply and easily copy files to and from Azure VMs.
Veeam FastSCP for Microsoft Azure key features include:
- Easy-to-use, reliable and fast file copy: Provides simple file copy between on-premises and Azure-based VMs
- Secure file copy: Transfers data over HTTPS, thus does not require a VPN tunnel between the on-premises deployment and Azure
- Automatic scheduling of file copy jobs: Scheduled file copy jobs can be configured for periodic copies to and from Azure VMs, providing assurance and peace of mind to IT managers.
- No scripting needed: Job setup takes just a few clicks inside a wizard-driven user interface, and does not require any scripting knowledge.
Veeam MP v8 for Microsoft System Center supports the latest on-premises hypervisors platforms a new hybrid cloud planning tools while building on existing monitoring, alert management, and reporting foundation. Veeam MP v8 is geared to simplify planning and adopting of private clouds.
Veeam Management Pack v8 for Microsoft System Center key features include:
- Global infrastructure report: A new Infrastructure Summary report provides a single, high-level report view of the virtual infrastructure. By including achieved densities in areas such as storage over-provisioning, the report makes it easy to determine and communicate overall IT system status and efficiency to business managers.
- Enhanced hybrid cloud planning: As public cloud providers continue to innovate and provide enterprise-grade public cloud solutions, enterprises are starting to adopt the hybrid cloud-a combination of private cloud and public cloud. For businesses looking to extend their operations to the hybrid cloud, Veeam MP v8 includes enhanced analytics of on-premises workloads and predicts the appropriate IaaS resources, needed to run those workloads in a public cloud, including new Azure D-series VMs.
- Cloud-based backup reporting: Veeam MP v8 extends reporting to Azure-based backups managed by Veeam Cloud Connect for Service Providers.
Both Veeam FastSCP for Microsoft Azure and the new Veeam Management Pack v8 for System Center are expected to be generally available in the third quarter of 2015. Public beta registration for both products is available now.