October 23rd, 2018 by Michael Rink
Virtual Instruments Announces VirtualWisdom 6.0
Virtual Instruments has set October 31, 2018, as the release date for the next generation of their hybrid infrastructure management and AIOps platform; VirtualWisdom 6.0. VirtualWisdom discovers and maps applications to the infrastructure to understand where each application lives and how it behaves on top of the infrastructure.
The new VirtualWisdom6 platform delivers four key capabilities: Application Service Assurance; Predictive Capacity Management; Workload Infrastructure Balancing; and Problem Resolution and Avoidance. These complementary capabilities enable organizations to proactively identify and resolve infrastructure-related performance, capacity and utilization issues that are impacting business-critical applications.
Key features of the new version of VirtualWisdom include:
- Updated dashboards that now integrate Proactive Analytics, with new visualizations and configuration data that:
- Identify workload balancing opportunities and display the recommendations directly on any dashboard
- Deliver new inventory status charts to provide “at-a-glance” control of deployed infrastructure configuration
- Provide the ability to annotate dashboards with embedded images and text through the new Freeform card
- Trend Matcher’s cross-silo correlation now app-centric and topology-aware, and can overlay correlation directly onto the topology map - making it easier to understand the impact of infrastructure issues across all silos
- Correlation of native application and infrastructure discovery with Dynatrace, in addition to existing correlation with AppDynamics,ServiceNOW, VMWare vApps, Netflow and host discovery
- New ability to rapidly correlate the impacts of end-user response time to infrastructure performance through enhanced event integration with AppDynamics
- New Operating System Integration provides agentless collection of OS level metrics from either Linux or Windows hosts across cloud, virtual, and physical instances
- Operating System Integration support for Amazon’s AWS and Microsoft’s Azure cloud platforms
- New iSCSI wire data monitoring support in the NAS Performance Probe, which complements existing NFS and SMB monitoring capabilities
- New Storage integrations to monitor the health, performance and capacity of Dell/EMC’s VMAX/PowerMAX and IBM’s SVC, including the abilities to balance workloads and reclaim capacity
- New Predictive Capacity Management, which helps an enterprise optimize its infrastructure capacity; identify capacity exhaustion risks; and proactively recover unused capacity by:
- Predicting and optimizing infrastructure capacity
- Planning and optimizing the deployment of new infrastructure
- Monitoring and forecasting capacity consumption rates
- Helping avoid capacity exhaustion
VirtualWisdom 6.0 is available on October 31, 2018.