April 12th, 2016 by Adam Armstrong
Virtual Instruments Releases VirtualWisdom 4.4
Today Virtual Instruments announced that they have released the latest update to its Infrastructure Performance Management software, VirutalWisdom 4.4. The latest update builds off of Virtual Instruments recent merger with Load DynamiX. The update features new analytics, a new platform appliance, as well as enhancements to reporting and notifications.
As we previously stated, VirtualWisdom is the industry’s first entity-centric approach, enabling application-aware infrastructure performance management. With this method, organizations can logically group system-wide resources from physical devices to application workloads, which provide users of all kinds with the insight needed to understand how resources and applications are performing. IT will be able to proactively optimize their system and focus more on business growth and less on troubleshooting. VirtualWisdom help give companies the tools and confidence they need to tackle future, expanded workloads.
Since Virtual Instruments merged with the analytics company DynamiX, the combined company can deliver what it refers to as the only comprehensive end-to-end infrastructure performance analytics product portfolio, capable of delivering actionable insights across physical, virtual and cloud environments. This marks the first announcement since the merger. VirtualWisdom 4.4 is an example of the new company’s focus of achieving lower cost structures and higher performance in the increasingly complex modern IT environments.
Key highlights include:
- New Analytic: Seasonal Trend Advisor – This analytic learns from and adjusts to seasonal business patterns, whether they are hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly or periodically. Users can set multivariate thresholds and make tuning adjustments on the fly via data-informed prediction of resource needs.
- New Analytic: VM Deployment Advisor – This analytic identifies the optimal host and cluster to deploy a VM on for maintaining performance and balance in production environments.
- New 4220 Platform Appliance: This appliance ingests, correlates and analyzes more data faster and more accurately than any other monitoring solution. The scale and performance improvements in the new appliance enable users to effectively manage and report on 50% more of their environments at significantly faster speeds than the previous model.
- Reporting Enhancements and Notifications – Industry best practices embedded into pre-configured report templates, in conjunction with scheduled reports, extend the value of VirtualWisdom to operators throughout enterprise IT. Collaborators receive meaningful context-relevant reports for proactive management and accelerated collaboration and decision-making.
- ServiceNow Integration – Two-way integration and bi-directional synchronization happens as cases are opened and closed, and as progress and updates are logged into either system.
- Data Export to Load DynamiX Enterprise – VirtualWisdom I/O workload metrics can be exported for use in the Load DynamiX Enterprise platform for workload analysis, modeling and load generation.
VirtualWisdom4.4 is available today.