March 10th, 2015 by Adam Armstrong
X-IO Launches All Flash Array ISE 800 Series
X-IO Technologies has launched its own series all-flash arrays (AFA), the ISE 800 Series. This marks an expansion of X-IO’s Intelligent Storage Element (ISE) storage portfolio, which also includes the X-IO ISE 700 and ISE 200 Series. The new ISE 800 Series has also achieved the number one position for price-performance in the Storage Performance Council’s SPC-1 benchmark delivering $0.32 per SPC-1 IOPS.
The new AFA ISE 800 series is designed for workloads that have growing volumes of data accessed concurrently, 24/7 data availability, and low-latency such as online transaction processing and mission critical database applications. The ISE 800 series provides more throughput, connectivity, and management simplicity needed in such environments. The new arrays can adapt performance to business requirements making applications more efficient, offer greater integration, and greater resource management.
ISE 800 Series specifications:
- 820 G3 | 850 G3 | 860 G3
- Before RAID: 6.4TB | 25.6TB | 51.2TB
- RAID10: 2.7TB | 11.4TB | 22.9TB
- RAID5: 4.3TB | 18.3TB | 36.6TB
- Performance (at full capacity):
- Up to 400,000 IOPS
- 252,981.83 SPC-1 IOPS at 2.06ms average response time with an SPC-1 price-performance of $0.32/SPC-1 IOPS
- Up to 5GB/s bandwidth
- ISE intelligent caching algorithms will optimize I/O sizes between 512B and 1MB
- Host connectivity:
- 8Gb Fibre Channel – 8 SFP ports (supports both SAN and DAS attach)
- 1GbE Management Port with Wake-on-LAN
- Active-Active Synchronous Mirroring
- Thin Provisioning
- ReST Web Services API
- Voltage 100-240 VAC, 47-63 Hz
- Current 6.6A at 110V, 3.6A at 208V
- Power 600W (typical), 700W (max)
- Heat dissipation (max) 2400BTU/hr
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 5.2 x 17.5 x 28.5 in (13.2 x 44.45 x 72.8 cm)
- Weight: 72 lbs. (32.9kg) without DataPacs
X-IO’s patented Intelligent Adaptive Flash (fully automated tiering, manual data placement and performance throttling to support the specific needs of the business) combined with the ISE 800, and the recently announced ISE 780 hybrid, reinforce X-IO’s commitment to offer the best balance of performance, long-lasting reliability and ownership costs for customers’ storage requirements.
X-IO’s new all-flash array ISE 800 series is available now directly through X-IO or through its channel partners.