January 24th, 2014 by Lyle Smith
Riverbed Granite 2.6 Now Available
Riverbed Technology has announced Riverbed Granite 2.6, which includes new features that support more branches, bigger data sets, and additional enterprise-class storage solutions, such as IBM Storwize V7000. Riverbed Granite is a unique branch converged infrastructure solution that centralizes branch data in the data center all the while delivering local performance to branch users and allows storage to be decoupled from its server over thousands of miles, working as if the storage were local to the server. Additionally, Granite centrally protects and secures data, and significantly lowers the TCO of branch, allowing remote offices and businesses to restore operations in a matter of minutes as opposed to days.
New features of Riverbed Granite 2.6
- Enhanced Snapshot Support for Enterprise: Class Storage Solutions: New snapshot integration capabilities are available in the newest version of Riverbed Granite. This provides application-consistent data protection with a greater number of data center storage arrays. A snapshot records the state of a storage device at a particular point in time, accelerating recovery for branch servers and data while minimizing the impact of outages or data failures.
- IBM Storwize V7000 Snapshot Support: Integrated support for IBM Storwize V7000 arrays enables configuration and coordination of branch data snapshots in the data center. IBM customers now get seamless end-to-end data protection for applications running in branch offices and can use existing datacenter backup solutions like IBM Tivoli Storage Manager and Symantec NetBackup.
- Snapshot Handoff Framework: The snapshot handoff framework introduces a script-execution interface used to orchestrate snapshot operations for storage arrays for which Granite-integrated snapshot control is not currently available.
- Higher Capacity Virtual Granite Core (VGC) Models: The new Virtual Granite Core 1500 (VGC-1500) series allows for greater capacity in Virtual Granite Core deployments, scaling to support more branches and larger datasets. The VGC-1500 series, two new model licenses:
- VGC-1500-L supporting 30 branches and up to 20TB
- VGC-1500-M supporting 30 branches and up to 35TB
Granite is an essential part of the Riverbed Application Performance Platform, which is a set of integrated solutions that give companies the ability to host applications and data in the locations that best suit their needs. Additionally, it ensures the seamless delivery of those applications to better leverage global resources, significantly reduce expenses of running their business, and maximize employee productivity.
Granite 2.6 and the VGC-1500 Series are now available.