IT administrators and storage experts within SMBs and the enterprise face an increasingly complex set of decisions when it comes to deploying, managing and supporting a storage infrastructure. Many storage vendors offer a regular series of webinars to help demystify these decisions. To help our audience be as educated as possible, StorageReview.com maintains this list of relevant upcoming storage webinars. Most of the webinars are free and typicall only take 30 minutes or less, offering a condensed program designed to be easily consumable over coffee or lunch.
Enabling the Free Flow of Data in the Hybrid Cloud
Tuesday, November 2, 2015
The importance of managing data across a blend of disparate Cloud resources cannot be underestimated. This is where NetApp’s Data Fabric can help you develop your vision and strategy for the future of data management within your organisation.
Ditch your backup with Veeam Availability Suite v9
Monday, November 2, 2015, 2:00PM ET
NEW Veeam Availability Suite v9 enables the Always-On Business, providing RTO and RPO (RTPO™) of < 15 minutes for ALL applications and data.
- EMC VNX and VNX hybrid storage array integration, providing data loss avoidance and high-speed recovery for EMC storage with Veeam Backup from Storage Snapshots and Veeam Explorer for Storage Snapshots.
- Veeam Cloud Connect with replication delivering data loss avoidance by providing fully integrated, fast and secure cloud-based disaster recovery as a service (DRaaS) through a service provider.
- Veeam Explorer for Oracle, bringing high-speed recovery to Oracle environments with transaction-level recovery of Oracle databases including agentless transaction log backup, so you can restore your Oracle databases to a precise point in time.
- New HP Storage options In addition to the previous integration (now with enhancements!) for HP StorVirtual and HP StorServ arrays; Veeam Availability Suite v9 provides additional integration to HP StoreOnce Catalyst.
Data Recovery 101
Wednesday, November 4, 2015, 5:00 am ET
What is data recovery?
Have you ever wanted to know what data recovery is and how it's done by the experts? Here you can find out the basics on data recovery. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions about the data recovery process and best practice methods for recovering your data.
- Mikey Anderson, Marketing Specialist (Moderator)
- Robin England, Senior Research and Development Engineer
PROMISE Technology and Toshiba Presents: Enterprise IT Storage Solutions
Thursday, November 12, 2015, 10:30 AM PDT/1:30 PM EDT
PROMISE Technology and Toshiba are collaborating for a special webinar showing how the PROMISE Vess R2000 series storage with Toshiba's Enterprise nearline HDDs is a great solution for Enterprise IT end users and resellers.
The Vess R2000 series provides a fast, reliable and cost-effective SAN and NAS storage solution for both rich media applications and today's virtualized IT environments.
Toshiba nearline hard disk drives (HDDs) enable Promise Technologies VESS R2000 series systems to deliver high performance unified storage solutions for media and surveillance applications as well as general network attached storage (NAS). Combined with the VESS R2000 systems, Toshiba nearline HDDs provide the capacity options, performance profiles and the reliability required for such applications.
- Understand the typical storage pain points facing IT departments
- Discover what PROMISE and Toshiba bring together for Enterprise IT end users and resellers
- Learn about the benefits of the Vess R2000 series with Toshiba's Enterprise nearline HDDs
Reduce operational complexity of your storage and improve the time to market for development teams
Tuesday, November 10, 2015, 11:00am ET
XtremIO helps companies reduce the total cost of ownership of their traditional storage platforms, reduce operational complexity and improve the time to market for development teams and anyone requiring a faster method of data analytics.
Attend the webinar if you:
- Are exploring the possibility of rolling out Virtual Desktop Integration? How do you make the TCO stack up and provide the best user experience during roll out.
- Are you looking to reduce and consolidate your storage and database storage capacities?
- If you want to reduce your Virtual Server Infrastructure by a factor of 5:1.
- Have an ELA (Enterprise License Agreement) based on CPU usage and you want to reduce cost.
- Want to increase the utilisation of and reduce the running costs of your Oracle server estate
Objective Storage: Is it Soup yet?
Wednesday, November 11, 2015, 11:00 am
Object storage has been talked about for years, but interest is finally picking up steam as object vendors meet the traditional storage and file system vendors “half way” by simplifying roll out and integration with the file and block storage universe. Join this IT-SENSE Brown Bag webinar for an update on the state of object storage by editor Jon Toigo and an interview with a Adrian Herrera, Vice President at Caringo, maker of SWARM, a leading object storage technology. If you are thinking about object storage technology, you do not want to miss this lunch time webinar
How Surveillance Trends Impact Storage Needs: Video Analytics
Thursday, 12th November 2015, 1:00 – 2:00 PM UK time
This webinar is the third in a three-part series on How Surveillance Trends Impact Storage Needs.
Shifting trends in the video surveillance market are directly affecting video storage requirements. Our webinar series How Surveillance Trends Impact Storage Needs looks at the specific impact of several important market trends on the technologies used for video storage.
Please join us to discuss how customers are using video analytics and the impact of this trend on the need for additional video storage. If you still think video analytics have been oversold and overhyped, you may be overlooking a technology that has "grown up" – and offers tremendous potential. Video analytics have matured and are now a viable technology for a range of applications in a variety of markets. Expanding uses for video analytics create new demands on video storage. How can integrators and end users meet the anticipated higher storage requirements?
This webinar will cover:
- New uses for video analytics in mainstream applications.
- How edge-based and server-based video analytics systems expand the range of functionality.
- The effectiveness of video analytics systems as a robust technology option.
- How various video system components can help with managing storage needs.
- Expert advice on meeting storage requirements.
- This webinar is the third in a three-part series on How Surveillance Trends Impact Storage Needs. See the first webinar in the series here and the second webinar here.
NVM Express Webinar
Thursday, November 19, 2015, 12:30 PM Pacific time
NVM Express is offering an educational webcast on Thursday, November 19 at 12:30 PST. There is no charge to attend, but advance registration is required.
WHAT: As NVM Express becomes the de facto interface standard for Enterprise and Client PCIe-based storage, the NVMe specification is evolving to take on the challenge of maintaining low latency to storage media while scaling out to meet the needs of modern data centers and applications. This talk will explore the coming NVMe Over Fabrics specification, and how it enables NVMe to be used across RDMA fabrics (e.g., Ethernet or InfiniBand™ with RDMA, Fibre Channel, etc.) and connect to other NVMe storage devices.
WHO: Presenter is Mike Shapiro, Founder and VP Software, EMC/DSSD; Moderator is Janene Ellefson of Micron Technology.
WHEN: Thursday, November 19 at 12:30 PM Pacific time. A free podcast of the event will be made available shortly afterward.
Have an upcoming storage webinar you'd like to promote on this page? Let us know about it.