IT administrators and storage experts within SMBs and the enterprise face an increasingly complex set of decisions when it comes to deploying, managing and supporting a storage infrastructure. Many storage vendors offer a regular series of webinars to help demystify these decisions. To help our audience be as educated as possible, StorageReview.com maintains this list of relevant upcoming storage webinars. Most of the webinars are free and typicall only take 30 minutes or less, offering a condensed program designed to be easily consumable over coffee or lunch.
Driving Better End User Experience with Citrix Deployments
Australia/Pacific Rim - Wednesday, 22 June, 11:30AM (AEST) | 9:30AM (WA), 1:30PM (NZ)
There are many factors that can impact end user experience with Citrix deployments. This webinar will cover how Nimble’s Storage platform, groundbreaking customer support and storage analytics engine (Infosight) improves End User experiences.
Nimble’s high performance platform and infosights industry leading analytics provide deep insight into your infrastructure’s performance, providing you the platform and tools to delight your end users.
The Digital Transformation: Building Real-Time Operational Data Intelligence
Thursday, June 7, 2016, 1:00 p.m. EST
How can you take advantage of new insights to transform your organization?
The IT landscape is changing. Devices and applications generate data every millisecond of every day. The Internet of Things (IoT), Machine-Generated Data (MGD) and the 3rd Platform are changing the datacenter game for new crops of applications when it comes to accessing valuable business data. The push to support this digital transformation requires different mechanisms to consume and deploy data services in new ways. Traditional data analysis, infrastructure and management solutions are not engineered for this high-volume, high-velocity and highly diverse data.
Join Shaliesh Manjrekar, Director of Big Data Products, Emerging Storage Solutions at SanDisk and Chris Tsilipounidakis, Manager of Products and Technology Evangelist at Tegile as they discuss the ways that customers can take advantage of new insights to transform their organizations and create new business value like never before.
In this webinar, you’ll learn:
- Pain points associated with traditional data analysis approaches
- What is big data analytics and why it’s important for organizational success
- Real-time analytics as an operational intelligence data platform
- SanDisk and Tegile’s jointly developed IntelliFlash HD platform
Kaminario and IDC to Discuss Storage Infrastructure Strategies for Today’s Business
Friday, June 17, 2016, 1:00 p.m. CT
According to analyst firm IDC, the cloud software market grew more than 10 times faster between 2013 and 2015 than the traditional software delivery market. Which means Software-as-a-Service or SaaS is eating the software market. And modern businesses offering applications as a service through a cloud delivery model are re-writing the rules of enterprise software.
Join IDC and Kaminario for an interactive discussion of the SaaS market and tips to design an effective storage infrastructure. You’ll also learn about:
- Tradeoffs in building a SaaS business on public cloud vs. building out their own application
- Relationship between agile development, devops and storage strategy for SaaS companies
- How application functionality such as real-time analytics and user experience personalization impact storage infrastructure requirements
- How flash storage is redefining the economics of the modern SaaS business
Data Protection and OpenStack Mitaka
Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 1:00 p.m. EST
This Webcast will focus on the data protection capabilities of the OpenStack Mitaka release, which includes multiple resiliency features. Join Dr. Sam Fineberg, Distinguished Technologist (HPE), and Ben Swartzlander, Project Team Lead OpenStack Manila (NetApp), as they discuss:
- Storage-related features of Mitaka
- Data protection capabilities – Snapshots and Backup
- Manila share replication
- Live migration
- Rolling upgrades
- HA replication
Our experts will be on hand to answer your questions.
This Webcast is co-sponsored by two groups within the Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA): the Cloud Storage Initiative (CSI), and the Data Protection & Capacity Optimization Committee (DPCO).
File Activity Monitoring with STEALTHbits
Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 1:00 p.m. - 1:45 p.m. EDT
The ability to monitor file access activity across file shares residing on NAS and Windows devices represents both a tremendous gap and opportunity for organizations looking to identify threats, achieve compliance, and streamline operations.
Unfortunately, many times for simple reasons, organizations can’t answer the most basic questions surrounding data activity.
The STEALTHbits File Activity Monitor is a simple to install and easy to use solution that monitors and stores file activity for NAS (NetApp, EMC, Hitachi) and Windows devices. Come join us to learn how this new solution can provide your organization with:
- The ability to query all file activity for specific values or specific combinations of values
- A clean, simple UI grid to view the results of the queries executed against the data
- The ability to feed file activity data to alternative technologies like SIEM and/or export data in formats that are easy to understand and work with
Cloud Storage: Solving Interoperability Challenges
Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 1:00 p.m.
Cloud storage has transformed the storage industry, however interoperability challenges that were overlooked during the initial stages of growth are now emerging as front and center issues. Join this Webcast to learn the major challenges that businesses leveraging services from multiple cloud providers or moving from one cloud provider to another face.
The SNIA Cloud Data Management Interface standard (CDMI) addresses these challenges by offering data interoperability between clouds. SNIA and Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) have partnered to create a SNIA CDMI Conformance Test Program to help cloud storage providers achieve CDMI conformance.
As interoperability becomes critical, end user companies should include the CDMI standard in their RFPs and demand conformance to CDMI from vendors.
Join us on July 19th to learn:
- Critical challenges that the cloud storage industry is facing
- Issues in a multi-cloud provider environment
- Addressing cloud storage interoperability challenges
- How the CDMI standard works
- Benefits of CDMI conformance testing
- Benefits for end user companies
Have an upcoming storage webinar you'd like to promote on this page? Let us know about it.