IT administrators and storage experts within SMBs and the enterprise face an increasingly complex set of decisions when it comes to deploying, managing and supporting a storage infrastructure. Many storage vendors offer a regular series of webinars to help demystify these decisions. To help our audience be as educated as possible, StorageReview.com maintains this list of relevant upcoming storage webinars. Most of the webinars are free and typicall only take 30 minutes or less, offering a condensed program designed to be easily consumable over coffee or lunch.
CTERA Cloud Chat Webinars: Plop a Platform On Top Of Object Storage
Thursday, July 16, 2015, 11:00AM ET
The following will be conversed during this webinar:
- Immediate use cases you can deploy to jump on the SDS bandwagon
- Public, private, hybrid? yes.
- Save up to 90% vs. conventional IT storage
NexentaEdge Out Scales its Object Storage Competitors
Wednesday, July 22, 2015, 10 AM PDT | 18:00 GMT
With the first and only object and block storage solution that provides petabyte-scale cluster inline deduplication and compression, NexentaEdge leads the competitive object storage market. Join Nexenta’s Oscar Wahlberg and IDC’s Ashish Nadkarni to discuss and learn about the object storage landscape, its future and use cases around OpenStack clouds, object based active archives and Big Data applications. Oscar will also discuss NexentaEdge’s FlexHash algorithms for continuous data placement optimization, Replicast protocol for low latency network data transfers and Cloud Copy On Write (CCOW) powered unlimited space optimized snapshots and clones. You’re sure to be an object storage expert by the end of this webinar!
IBM Cloud TechTalks (Part 2 of 4): Up, Up & Away: Storage in the Cloud
Thursday, July 23, 2015, 1:00 pm EST
This four-part series shares practical insights and best practices for using the cloud.
With exponential growth and unparalleled demand, there are few areas with greater opportunity than storage.
Join them for this free TrainingIndustry.com webinar, presented by IBM and sponsored by Global Knowledge, to hear Susan Schreitmueller, distinguished engineer and senior cloud advisor, share IBM’s cloud offerings as they relate to cloud. This webinar will explore trends and directions around IBM’s roadmap for storage in the cloud. In addition to Cloud Managed Services and Softlayer options, we will review software defined storage and IBM’s suite of product offerings.
This interactive webinar provides insight on:
- Delivering storage in a private cloud
- IBM’s cloud offerings
- Dynamics of storage growth in the Industry
Nexenta, Forrester, VMware and Cox Communications Reveal the Secrets to Software-Defined Storage
Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 10 AM PDT, 18:00 GMT
Nexenta, in partnership with premier analyst firm Forrester, global enterprise virtualized infrastructure leader VMware, and leading digital cable television, telecommunications and Nexenta customer, Cox Communications, will offer insights into how the software-defined approach enables customers to achieve greater flexibility, scalability and cost-effectiveness in a Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). Attend to hear from a dynamic panel of industry leaders as they share diverse perspectives on the advantages and different approaches of Software-Defined Storage (SDS) and the secrets to a successful execution.
Learn more about:
- how hyper-convergence can ensure lower TCO and help organizations achieve the power, capacity and space efficiencies they need to operate the data center of the future
- challenges that face today’s modern infrastructures and how to solve them in respective arena
- the difference between real industry trends and the SDDC hype
- how SDS can ensure lower TCO and help organizations achieve the power, capacity and space efficiencies they need to operate the data center of the future
- real world use cases and secrets of SDS
Two Flash Storage Trends You Can’t Ignore: NVMe, QoS
Tuesday, August 4th, 2015, 12:00 pm MT
Flash is the single biggest breakthrough technology for enterprise storage in decades. First generation all flash array and hybrid flash array vendors are riding an unprecedented wave of growth but there are two fundamental trends that they’ll do anything to keep quiet. The shift to NVMe connected flash devices and using Storage QoS to integrate multiple types of storage media. Join Chris McCall, SVP Marketing of NexGen to discuss:
- Why NVMe will quickly become the standard flash interface
- What NVMe means for customers
- Why Storage QoS matters, even for all flash arrays
- What Storage QoS means for customers
Introducing iglu blaze: the only SAN with worry-free storage
Wednesday, August 5th, 2015, 1:00 pm ET
X-IO has announced the iglu blaze portfolio of feature-rich storage arrays. With its modular design, the iglu blaze enables customers to deploy a range of all-flash, hybrid or hard disk performance options from a single scale-up architecture. iglu systems can also be adapted to Software Defined Storage environments at no additional cost.
Backup and Recovery with Commvault Simpana and Nimble Adaptive Flash, with Demo
Thursday, August 6, 2015, 11:00AM PT | 2:00PM ET
You are adding flash storage to your data center and want to make sure you get the right solution for protecting the applications and their data on the new storage platform. Leverage the benefits of the efficient Adaptive Flash storage platform from Nimble Storage and industry proven backup and recovery solution from Commvault to get the right mix of primary storage for your business and data protection for your business continuity.
This webinar will cover:
- Nimble Storage Adaptive Flash storage solution including built-in functionality for snapshots and replication
- Commvault Simpana backup/recovery solution and the IntelliSnap storage integration capabilities
- Examples for protecting key applications in your environment like Exchange and SQL Server
- Speaker: Bill Roth, Sr. Technical Marketing Engineer, Nimble Storage
Modernizing your data center - Tegile
Wednesday, August 19th, 2015, 11AM – 12PM PST
Modernizing your data center is no easy task. To achieve this goal, many IT organizations have turned to flash storage, but now converged and hyper-converged systems are promising an even easier way to modernize.
Hear Ramesh Chitor of Cisco Systems explain what converged systems have to offer and how they can fit into your modernization strategy. Hear Rob Commins of Tegile Systems share Tegile and Cisco's joint-validated IntelliStack offering. This converged infrastructure platform simplifies configuration, ordering and deploying server, networking and storage resources for databases, enterprise application virtualization and virtual desktops.
Learn more about converged systems, and find out if they’re right for your organization.
CTERA Cloud Chat Webinars: Transform Into an IT-as-a-Service Provider
Thursday, August 20, 2015, 11:00AM ET
In this webinar, you will learn to:
- Increase organizational agility and efficiency with on-demand IT services
- Implement self-service apps that combine best-in-class security with ease of use
- Manage service costs in real-time using billing tools for chargeback
- Leverage software defined infrastructure to complete the cloud ops transformation
Have an upcoming storage webinar you'd like to promote on this page? Let us know about it.