IT administrators and storage experts within SMBs and the enterprise face an increasingly complex set of decisions when it comes to deploying, managing and supporting a storage infrastructure. Many storage vendors offer a regular series of webinars to help demystify these decisions. To help our audience be as educated as possible, StorageReview.com maintains this list of relevant upcoming storage webinars. Most of the webinars are free and typicall only take 30 minutes or less, offering a condensed program designed to be easily consumable over coffee or lunch.
Adaptive Flash Storage for Microsoft Exchange
Thursday January 8, 11:00AM PT | 2:00PM ET
Nimble Storage customers enjoy 5 times greater performance and capacity efficiency with Adaptive Flash, leaving competing solutions in the dust. Join this webinar to learn how Nimble provides unique benefits for this demanding messaging platform, including:
- Integrated data protection and disaster recovery
- Non-disruptive scalability to meeting growing Exchange needs
- Cloud-based management and support
Introduction to Nimble Storage
Tuesday January 13, 11:00AM PT | 2:00PM ET
Learn how Nimble Storage's Adaptive Flash platform dynamically and intelligently deploys storage resources to meet the growing demands of business-critical applications, and is the first storage solution to eliminate the tradeoff between flash performance and affordable capacity.
Adaptive Flash combines Nimble's CASL architecture, and InfoSight, the company's groundbreaking data sciences-based approach to the storage lifecycle.
- CASL is a CPU-driven architecture which scales performance and capacity seamlessly and independently. No longer is performance tied to spindle count.
- CASL coalesces random reads into sequential writes to disk, with up to twice the performance of MLC flash drives.
- InfoSight leverages the power of deep data analytics to provide customers precise guidance on the optimal approach to scaling flash, CPU, and capacity around changing application needs, while ensuring peak storage health.
Getting the Most Out of Your Datacenter
Thursday, Jan 15, 2015 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM EST
Learn what new trends in the industry can revolutionize your datacenter and how you can vastly improve your overall performance and ROI.
- Addressing Storage Hardware Resiliency and Optimized Efficiency: Storage hardware is expected to fail but what if there was a way to extend its life? How can you get more usable capacity and performance out of your storage platform? Find out what the underlying causes of hardware failures and inefficient storage utilization are and how to address them.
- Software to Enhance Storage Features: Software defined storage is the future for datacenters. Learn methodologies for abstracting the physical storage from the logical presentation. This allows unlike storage vendors to work together and creates a great flexibility for upgrades and migrations.
- Improving ROI: Learn how to lower overall capital and operating expenditures by only buying storage features once where you need them, when you need them.
Leveraging Flash Storage to Accelerate Oracle Real Application Clusters
In a continuing effort to improve the efficiency of the businesses they support, IT organizations often look to SSD technology to solve performance issues for their business-critical applications. With many organizations already deploying SSD and even more considering it, the question has evolved from whether to deploy to how best to deploy.
Watch this 25 minute webinar to:
- Gain an understanding of the latest solid-state storage trends
- Learn about the specific applications driving solid-state storage deployments
- Find out the benefits of deploying the Virident FlashMAX Connect software suite to speed up Oracle databases.
Why Big Data must become a First-Class Citizen: Storage for big data
Big Data is moving from the tried to the proven...from the science experiment to the data center. As new analytic workloads are deployed leveraging new classes of data, a more complex data architecture starts to emerge. In the past, the typical big data application was defined as social media analytics performed as a one-off workload. Today, other new applications beyond social media such as unlocking internal big data, as well as data from the "internet of things" are seen as high value. What's more, successful organizations are integrating this data to existing core business processes. This creates a data architecture and storage challenge beyond basic server-based storage solutions.
During this webinar, you'll hear from Ovum's Principal Analyst Tony Baer as he provides the case as to why big data and new workloads are creating new storage challenges, and why enterprises must think thru a data strategy. Joining Tony will be Chris Algozzine, Director or Worldwide Product Marketing for IBM Storage. Chris will walk us thru the key storage capabilities and platforms needed to deploy a successful data strategy.
InfoSight: Deep Data Storage Analytics
Thursday January 29, 11:00-11:30AM PT | 2:00-2:30PM ET
InfoSight is the groundbreaking customer support portal and storage analytics engine developed by Nimble Storage. InfoSight’s “deep data” approach to customer support delivers storage health insights that can be leveraged to streamline maintenance by enabling granular alerting, accurate forecasting, and a level of overall storage health insight that vastly improves productivity and optimizes system availability.
InfoSight collects information that can be intelligently used to rapidly identify, predict, and resolve similar issues before they impact other customers.
- Manageability: InfoSight is cloud-based, so agents or data collection infrastructure do not have to be installed in the datacenter. All updates are instantly available.
- Usability: InfoSight enables proactive system health and support. Insightful and actionable information is presented through intuitive dashboards.
- Accessibility: InfoSight can be accessed from anywhere, anytime, on any device. One-click reporting and export capabilities make it the simplest way to monitor and manage Nimble Storage environments.
Have an upcoming storage webinar you'd like to promote on this page? Let us know about it.