IT administrators and storage experts within SMBs and the enterprise face an increasingly complex set of decisions when it comes to deploying, managing and supporting a storage infrastructure. Many storage vendors offer a regular series of webinars to help demystify these decisions. To help our audience be as educated as possible, StorageReview.com maintains this list of relevant upcoming storage webinars. Most of the webinars are free and typicall only take 30 minutes or less, offering a condensed program designed to be easily consumable over coffee or lunch.
Have an upcoming storage webinar you'd like to promote on this page? Let us know about it.
Consolidating and Modernizing Your Oracle Environment
Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 12:00 p.m. EDT
Databases are continuing to grow rapidly, creating scalability and performance challenges and escalating costs. Learn how EMC all-flash storage solves your database and application challenges on a modern, consolidated platform.
Presented by Yoav Eilat.
Tech Talk: Get Ready for Oracle Open World - A Better Way to Protect Your Oracle Environment
Friday, September 2, 2016, 12:00 p.m. EDT
Oracle DBAs need to keep the lights on. Learn EMC strategies to deliver zero downtime and zero data loss.
Solving the persistent storage challenge for containers
Building a persistent storage layer for stateful applications is critical for enterprise deployments. Red Hat has led the charge among storage vendors to provide container-native storage, managed by a single control plane and deployed alongside application containers, for greater control and lower cost. Join this webinar to hear from experts about how to succeed with a production deployment of containers and enterprise-grade persistent storage that is scalable, flexible, and open source. We'll cover:
- A walk-through of the full suite of Kubernetes-based storage adapters in Red Hat® OpenShift and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host
- A walk-through of our new container-native storage offering for OpenShift
- A comparison between Red Hat offerings and other solutions available in the market
Avid Webinar - Discussion on Frost & Sullivan "Software defined storage" White Paper
Thursday, September 1, 2016, 3:00 p.m. GMT
In this webinar, IABM Platinum Member Avid will discuss the recent Frost & Sullivan White Paper entitled "Future proofing media workflows through software defined storage"
During the webinar, the following will discussed:
- Definition of ‘intelligent’ and ‘collaborative’
- Summary of demands placed on facilities and broadcasters
- Effect on content creation if intelligent, collaborative workflows not adopted
- Benefits – to users and clients - of intelligent and collaborative workflow to creative process
- Challenges of building an efficient workflow in fragmented landscape of vendors and technology
- Impact of higher shooting ratios, more comprehensive coverage of live events + uplift in data on post prod and broadcast workflow. Native vs conform -cost of storage vs expense/time, complexity for conform
- Managing a virtualised workflow
- Relevance of wider trends eg UHD, 4K, shift to IP etc.
- Impact of changing needs on workflow
- Evolution of clients’ needs across genres, industry segment, and how they are likely to evolve over next few years
- Effect of proliferation of devices, platforms on deliverables and effect on workflow
- Return on investment: making the case for investment, measurement
- Process of integrating various systems and solutions
- Background to collaboration, partnerships between Avid, Adobe, Spectra Logic etc
- Examples of users, beta testing – under review with Product Management
Performance and Beyond: An Objective Comparison of Enterprise All-Flash Platform
Thursday, September 8, 2016, 2:00 p.m. EST
Flash technology proves to be one of the most disruptive forces in the marketplace since virtualization. The technology resulted in a major shift of storage capacity from performance hard disk drives (HDD) to flash-based solutions. Although the primary value proposition of delivering high performance with flash is often what is first considered for flash solutions, there are several secondary benefits outside of application performance, especially now that the use of flash has expanded into primary storage. It is essential to understand how vendors compare to each other relative to performance and these secondary benefits.
Join Jim Miller, senior research analyst at leading IT analyst firm Enterprise Management Associates (EMA), to get key results from the recently published EMA Radar for All-Flash Storage. This side-by-side comparison of the 11 leading All-Flash platforms empirically compares and grades solutions against a broad range of measurements to objectively determine overall product strengths and cost efficiencies. Evaluated solutions include:
- Dell SC9000
- EMC XtremIO
- HDS VSP F
- HPE 3PAR StoreServ
- IBM A9000R
- Kaminario K2
- Pivot3 N5-3000
- PureStorage FlashArray//m
- SolidFire by NetApp
- Tegile T3800
vSphere VVols for Advanced Data Protection, with Demo
Tuesday, September 13, 11:00am PT | 2:00pm ET
The more data centers become software-defined, the more important the right infrastructure becomes to provide predictable performance, availability, and data protection. Virtual Volumes (VVols) are an innovative new vSphere feature bringing unprecedented flexibility to data management.
However, not all VVols implementations are the same. In some use cases, like replication and recovery, they can become a major bottleneck limiting their usefulness. But the benefits of VVols can be significantly enhanced by leveraging array-based functionality for VM tuning, protection, replication, recovery, and more.
Join us for this webinar to see:
- A real-world implementation of Storage Policy Based Management.
- A demo of advanced storage capabilities – Snapshots, Replication, Encryption – easily managed through vCenter.
Enabling the Business with Self Service Big Data, Analytics and AppDev
Thursday, September 15, 2016, 9:00 a.m. ET
Organisations often struggle with a range of strategy, people, process and technology topics related to big data. Discover how to reduce data silos, derive insights from data, and deliver meaningful business outcomes for customers across a range of different use cases.
Sebastian Darrington, Director Big Data and Analytics Solutions, EMEA, EMC
Speed Up Your Application Lifecycle with Oracle-Aware Snaps and Clones
Thursday, September 29, 11:00am PT | 2:00pm ET
Line of business leaders want to develop mission-critical applications faster to gain competitive advantage. But how do you accelerate Oracle application development without increasing risk?
Join this webinar to get a deep dive into Oracle-aware snapshots and clones from Nimble and see how this technology can help you:
- Accelerate Oracle dev/test and increase developer productivity by creating hundreds of clones of production data in minutes – not days
- Improve operational backups with simple and space-efficient snapshots
- Move enhancements and upgrades to production with confidence, knowing restores are quick and easy
- Achieve better business continuity with better recovery time point objectives for disaster recovery