October 15th, 2013 by Mark Kidd
HP mt41 Mobile Thin Client Announced
HP today announced the mt41, a new laptop form-factor thin client with a 14-inch screen that is designed for mobile access through remote corporate, academic, and government infrastructures via the cloud. The mt41 runs Windows Embedded Standard 7E and features wired, wireless, and WWAN connectivity options and is offered with a choice of either AMD’s A4-5150M or A4-4300M dual-core CPUs. HP mt41 configurations are available as light as 4.59lbs and will be shipping in November.
The mt41’s hardware specifications will allow HP to compete for customers looking to provide mobile access to processor-intensive applications, high definition video, and other performance-driven tasks while remaining integrated with virtual infrastructure. The mt41 integrates with virtualization solutions from Citrix, Microsoft, and VMware and incorporates a TPM cryptography chipset as well as an integrated smart card reader to leverage third-party secure login solutions. HP will bundle its Velocity network performance management software which is intended to maximize mobile network performance for WiFi and 3G/4G users.
HP mt41 Mobile Thin Client Specifications
- Operating System: Windows Embedded Standard 7E
- Processor: AMD Elite Dual-Core A4-5150M APU with Radeon HD 8350G Graphics (2.7 GHz; 1 MB L2 cache) or AMD Elite Dual-Core A4-4300M APU with Radeon HD 7420G Graphics (2.5 GHz; 1 MB L2 cache)
- Chipset: AMD A76M FCH
- Memory: Up to 8GB, 1600 MHz, DDR3L SDRAM
- Internal Storage: 16 GB SATA SSD
- Display: 14-inch LED-backlit HD 16:9 anti-glare (1366 x 768)
- Network: Broadcom 802.11a/b/g/n (2x2) and Integrated Realtek RTL8151GH-CG 10/100/1000 Ethernet
- Optional 3G/4G LTE WWAN connectivity via HP lt4111 LTE/EV-DO/HSPA+ Mobile Broadband or HP lt4112 LTE/HSPA+ Mobile Broadband
- Ports and Connectors: 3 USB 3.0; 1 USB 3.0 charging, 1 RJ-45, 1 docking connector, 1 VGA, 1 DisplayPort 1.2, 1 headphone/microphone combo stereo jack, 1 AC power.
- Expansion Slots: 1 SD/MMC Media Reader (Supports SD, SDHC, SDXC)
- Security Options: Security lock slot; TPM 1.2, Integrated Smart Card reader, Preboot Authentication, HP Combo Lock (select models)
- Dimensions: 13.39 x 9.33 x 0.99 in (34 x 23.7 x 2.53 cm)
- Weight: Starting at 4.59 lb (2.08kg)
- Power: 9-cell (100 WHr) Li-Ion or 6-cell (55 WHr) Li-Ion
- Optional DVD-ROM
- Warranty: 1 year limited warranty and optional HP Care Pack Services extended service contracts
HP Device Manager, the company’s thin client management solution, also comes preinstalled. HP Device Manager handles a variety of administration tasks including remote reimaging and service pack installation on behalf of HP’s System Center 2012 Configuration Manager which coordinates thin client management on the IT side. Data stored in RAM can be committed to a protected volume or erased when the system reboots.
Pricing and Availability
The HP mt41 Mobile Thin Client will be available worldwide in November. Pricing is available from HP upon request.