May 11th, 2015 by Adam Armstrong
Supermicro Releases X10 3U MicroCloud
Super micro Computer Inc. announced it is debuting its new 3U 8-node MicroCloud solution. This new solution supports Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3 (up to 145W TDP) and is optimized for data intensive analytics applications in Oil and Gas exploration, data center, cloud, and HPC environments.
This new MicroCloud solution supports up to 16 3.5” HDDs (2 per node), up to 256GB of LRDIMM memory, and incorporates Supermicro’s Green Computing architecture. This new solution maximizes compute performance extending the MicroCloud family to the performance end of the spectrum for VDI, mobile applications, HPC and data analytics environments. This also extends the MicroCloud family to cover the widest range of applications across Enterprise, Data Center, Cloud and HPC environments.
3U MicroCloud Product Specifications
- Form factor: 3U
- CPU: Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v3 (up to 145W TDP)
- Core/cache: Up to 18 cores/45MB of cache
- Drive bays: 16 x 3.5" hot-swap SATA3/SAS
- SAS requires RAID/HBA AOC
- Up to 256GB LRDIMM/128GB RDIMM
- Up to 2133MHz DDR4 ECC
- 4x 288-pin DDR4 DIMM slots
- 1x PCI-E 3.0 x8 LP slot
- 2 x GbE LAN ports via Intel i350
- 1 x dedicated LAN for IPMI Remote Management
- Chassis supports 4 x 8cm heavy-duty fans with optimal cooling zone
- 1620W Redundant Platinum Level high-efficiency (95%) digital power supplies
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 5.21 x 17.26 x 23.2 in (132.5 x 438.4 x 589 mm)
- Weight: 62.2 lbs.
Supermicro X10 3U MicroCloud is available now.