April 13th, 2016 by Adam Armstrong
Dell SonicWALL Aims To Secure Remote Workforce
Today Dell Security announced updates to its SonicWALL Secure Mobile Access (SMA) operating system (OS), Dell SonicWALL SMA 11.4. These updates provide remote end-user working with mobile devices with policy-enforced SSL VPN access to mission-critical applications, data and resources. With the latest update businesses will be able to provision secure mobile access to all devices for any file anywhere. And the SonicWALL SMA 11.4 helps ensure security compliance in highly regulated industries.
Malware and ransomware for Android is on the rise. While this is bad news for personal users, it is especially bad for corporate-issued devices that may have access to sensitive customers information. According to a recent Forrester report, 52% of global information workers have access to customer data (including names, contact information, or credit card data). The proliferation of mobile devices in the workforce is making it even more difficult for IT to secure access to company applications, data and resources, from any device, without compromising the security of the network. This is where Dell SonicWALL SMA 11.4 comes into play.
Using the Dell SonicWALL SMA portfolio, IT can extend remote service to both the Android and iOS mobile Platforms, detecting malware infected and fake apps. Administrators can use SMA to quickly provision secure access and role-based privileges to authorized remote workers, contractors, vendors and temps. This helps keep productivity up while keeping corporate data and networks secure. The latest update ensures secure access across all key operating systems and mobile devices, including Windows, iOS, Mac OSX, Android, Kindle Fire, Linux and Chrome OS.
Key functionality updates to this newest version include:
- Global Traffic Optimizer (GTO) – provides a turnkey approach to delivering massive global scalability of concurrent geography-balanced users, while continuing to maintain secure access. This allows organizations to better provide business continuity from their secure access service as they face an ever-growing workforce and company expansion to different locations, both within country and globally.
- Regulatory Compliance – ensures security compliance with the most stringent industry and government regulations, such as the Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) and Suite B cipher support. This is crucial for users in highly regulated organizations (government, financial, health care, etc.) to maintain compliance.
- Management API – provides customers and third parties access to the SonicWALL SMA API. This enables enhanced workflow, orchestration and automation to improve operational processes for increased productivity and reduced costs.
- Enhanced Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) 2.0 support – provides a positive end-user experience by allowing Single Sign-On (SSO) so users don’t have to sign on individually to SaaS applications.
Additional enhancements made recently to the Dell SonicWALL SMA Series include:
- Centralized Management System (CMS) - provides overarching SMA management and monitoring, as well as dynamic allocation of licenses to nodes that have the demand, which reduces the organization’s TCO and produces superior business continuity
- HTML5 Clients and Proxies - allow users to run all applications within a single browser window, making connections to resources very easy, and with zero-day support
- Personal Device Authorization - protects users’ rights for their personal data on their own personal devices when used in corporate networks
Dell SonicWALL Secure Mobile Access OS 11.4 is available now at no cost to installed base SonicWALL SMA 1000 series customers who have a support contract in place.