June 10th, 2019 by Lyle Smith
Dell EMC Expand VxBlock 1000 Integration Across Servers
Dell EMC has made several announcements at this years Cisco Live that expand VxBlock 1000 integration across servers, networking, storage, and data protection. This includes NVMe Over Fabrics, Extending Integrated Data Protection to the Cloud and Simplifying Cloud Operations with VxBlock Central 2.0.
To help their customers leverage the full extent of NVMe-oF, Dell EMC has unveiled a new integrated Cisco compute (UCS) and storage (MDS) 32G options, which helps to extend PowerMax capabilities and thus NVMe performance across the VxBlock stack. Dell EMC indicates that this will enhance the architecture, high-performance consistency, availability and scalability of VxBlock. Dell EMC customers can now benefit from extreme end-to-end system performance with one, future-proof system.
These new compute and storage options will be available to order sometime in late June.
In addition, Dell EMC is extending their factory-integrated on-premise integrated protection solutions for VxBlock to hybrid and multi-cloud environments (such as AWS). This release comes with options that help protect VMware workloads and data via the company’s new “cost-effective” Data Domain Virtual Edition and Cloud Disaster Recovery software options.
This new release will be available in July.
Also available next month is VxBlock Central 2.0. VxBlock Central 2.0, which features new modular licensing that matches workflow automation, advanced analytics and life-cycle management/upgrade options to your needs.
Dell EMC indicates the following VxBlock Central 2.0. licensing options:
- Base – Free with purchase of a VxBlock, the base license allows you to manage your system and improve compliance with inventory reporting and alerting.
- Workflow Automation – Provision infrastructure on-demand using engineered workflows through vRealize Orchestrator. New workflows available with this package include Cisco UCS server expansion with Unity and XtremIO storage arrays.
- Advanced Analytics – View capacity and KPIs to discover deeper actionable insights through vRealize Operations.
- Lifecycle Management (new, available later in 2019) – Apply “guided path” software upgrades to optimize system performance.
- Lifecycle Management includes a new multi-tenant, cloud-based database based on Cloud IQ that will collect and store the CI component inventory structured by the customer, extending the value and ease of use of the cloud-based analytics monitoring.
- This feature extends the value and ease of use of the cloud-based analytics monitoring Cloud IQ already provides for individual Dell EMC storage arrays.