September 4th, 2019 by Adam Armstrong
Scale Computing & Acronis Partner On Data Protection, Continuity, & DR
Today Scale Computing and Acronis announced a partnership for OEMs that will offer Acronis Backup through Scale Computing channels. This can bring all of the benefits of Acronis Backup (including archiving, enhanced data protection, disaster recovery, and threat mitigation) to the Scale Computing HC3 platform.
Scale Computing’s HC3 platform has been available in some form for quite some time. The platform runs HyperCore technology that makes the platform self-healing: it automatically identifies, mitigates, and corrects infrastructure problems in real-time. HC3 already has Scale Computing Data Protection Suite for high availability, backup, replication, and recovery features. Now through this partnership users can leverage Acronis Backup for additional protection. The combined technology is said to save up to 10x the storage space while reducing the backup workload through automation.
- Long-Term Retention for Data Archival – Backups can be stored on inexpensive storage for long-term retention to meet regulatory compliance
- Acronis Active Protection – An integrated anti-ransomware defense powered by machine learning (ML) models that proactively detects and stops ransomware attacks and automatically recovers any affected files, including those on network shares and removable devices
- Full Bare-Metal System Recovery – Accelerates recovery speeds up to twice as fast with the ability to restore a backup image to a machine that doesn't have a preinstalled OS
- Acronis Universal Restore – Simplifies the recovery of an entire system to the same or dissimilar hardware, or virtual machine, by using smart technology that automatically detects boot requirements
- Granular Recovery – Enables individuals to search for and restore specific files or folders without having to recover full databases or systems
Acronis Backup is available now for purchase from Scale Computing.