April 18th, 2017 by Adam Armstrong
Broadcom Begins Shipping Its 9400 MegaRAID Controllers
Broadcom Limited announced today that it is shipping its new NVMe/SAS/SATA Tri-Mode SERDES MegaRAID family of controllers the 9400 series. The new 9400 series of MegaRAID controllers are all about performance, data protection, and power efficiency. The announcement today is aimed at OEMs, system integrators, and storage manufacturers.
Broadcom refers to the 9400 series as the world’s fastest NVMe/SAS/SATA Tri-Mode SERDES MegaRAID family of controllers. The numbers they give are over 1.7 million IOPS, making the ideal use cases as all intensive cloud scaling, web services, business intelligence and OLTP applications used within traditional and hyper-converged server platforms. The 9400 series support up to 16 internal and external ports on a single chip. And with power consumption starting at just 10 watts, the 9400 series is one of the most efficient RAID controller card in its class.
- Up to 16 internal or 16 external or internal NVMe/SAS/SATA ports with power consumption at less than 1.1W per port
- Support of up to x8 PCIe lanes at transfer rate up to 8.0 GT/s per lane
- Designed to support 8GB of cache based memory
- Built upon PCI Express 3.0
- 12Gb/s HDD/SSD data transfer rates
- High-speed DDR4 memory interface, improving NVMe hardware RAID system performance
- Certified by Broadcom to support up to 24 NVMe, 1024 SSDs or 1024 HDDs
- Certified Broadcom OS Support for Microsoft Windows, VMware, Linux (SuSE, Red Hat), and FreeBSD
Broadcom is the market leader in NVMe/SAS/SATA Tri-mode SERDES storage technology. Broadcom is helping its customers transform their data centers by enabling them to take full advantage of flash and disk-based storage performance.
OEM volume shipments are available today for the new Tri-Mode family of high-sequential performance12Gb/s NVMe/SAS/SATA MegaRAID solutions.