June 16th, 2016 by Adam Armstrong
ContainerX Announces GA Of Its New Platform
Today ContainerX announced the general availability of its new comprehensive, multi-tenant container container-as-a-service (CaaS) platform designed for enterprise IT admins. The company is announcing two paid versions one aimed at midmarkets and another aimed at larger enterprises. On top of that, ContainerX is also announcing a free version enabling companies to setup a CaaS environment in as little as minutes.
Announced at DokcerCon Europe last year and released in beta, ContainerX is a ready-to-go, enterprise-class solution for multi-tenant container management, orchestration, compute, network and storage management. It uses its patented technology approach, Elastic Container Clusters and Container Pools, to provide multi-tenancy and high levels of resiliency, elasticity and horizontal scalability. ContainerX provides a single pane of glass for all containers allowing support for Linux and Windows, bare metal and virtual machines, private and public cloud.
Since the initial beta release last November, ContainerX has released 5 additional betas. These betas included integration with VMware vSphere, as well as the first CaaS for Windows server applications, including ASP.NET applications. During this beta process, ContainerX worked with several companies to help shape and refine the product they are releasing today.
Key features include:
- Windows CaaS platform – Multi-Tenant Elastic Cluster and Container Pool technology for Windows Server 2016 and Microsoft Azure
- Any VMware admin is now a Docker admin –VMware-like IT experience for containers with dev/ops self service, resulting in higher app agility, lower infrastructure footprint and lower op/ex related to OS maintenance
- All-in-one platform – Bare metal and virtual machine, Linux and Windows, private and public cloud
- Enterprise-grade management – Simple day-zero setup, seamless day-N operations, alerts, monitoring and analytics
- Comprehensive solution – Ready-to-go package including orchestration, compute, networking and storage
- Highly resilient – Protection from rogue containers crashing or starving other containers
- Multi-tenant and isolated – Container Pools with CPU, memory and network limits and access controls
- Horizontally scalable – Scale-out platform with dynamic addition and removal of hosts
- Elastic Container Clusters – Patent-pending container technology that provides a highly resilient and elastic container infrastructure, as well as auto-scaling Container Pools based on CPU, memory limits and priorities
Availability and pricing
ContainerX is generally available now in three versions: free, gold, and platinum. Pricing will be based on the number of logical CPU cores (the free version supports up to 20).