April 3rd, 2016 by Adam Armstrong
Lenovo Refreshes Its Dual Processor Workstations
The latest release of Intel Xeon Processors is seeing lots of vendors refresh their devices with these new CPUs to get higher core counts and more performance out of them. Not wanting to be left out, Lenovo is also refreshing its dual processor workstations, including the ThinkStation P910 and ThinkStation P710, with the new Intel Xeon E5-2600 v4 processors. Lenovo states that the workstations will now run 22% faster than the previous generation.
Lenovo’s dual processor workstations are designed to deliver the performance and reliability most professionals need. Both the ThinkStation P910 and P710 come with Flex Trays that hold up to two drives per bay for total versatility and patented Tri-Channel Cooling for enhanced reliability. These workstations are ideal for engineering & architecture, media & entertainment, oil & gas, heavy data-processing, such as simulation or rendering, and medical industries. With the new Broadwell processors users will get even higher performance.
Key Specs and Features:
- Supports the latest Intel Xeon E5-2600 v4 dual processor configurations
- Up to NVIDIA Quadro M6000 graphics with 24GB VRAM, including support for three cards within the ThinkStation P910
- Memory up to 1TB on the ThinkStation P910 and 384GB DDR4 on the ThinkStation P710
- New, higher storage capacities for further expandability within the 14 drive bays available in the ThinkStation P910 and 12 drive bays available in the ThinkStation P710
- Environmentally-conscious with Energy Star 6.2 qualification, EPEAT Gold, GreenGuard, 80 PLUS certification and more
The Lenovo ThinkStation P910 and ThinkStation P710 are available now.