October 16th, 2014 by Adam Armstrong
Supermicro And Nexenta Collaborate To Enhance VMware EVO: RAIL and Virtual SAN
Today Nexenta and Super Micro Computer Inc announced that they are collaborating to enhance Supermicro’s VMware EVO: RAIL and VMware Virtual SAN offerings with NexentaConnect for VMware Virtual SAN. This is the latest in collaborations and partners we’ve seen recently, that are aimed at giving customers hyper-converged solutions to ease the transition into Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC).
Supermicro’s VMware EVO: RAIL solution combines compute, networking, and storage into a simple to create, easy to deploy, all-in-one hyper-converged infrastructure. Supermicro’s VMware Virtual SAN Ready Nodes focus on deploying VMware Virtual SAN as quickly as possible. Combining these solutions with NexentaConnect augments the SDDC concept by providing full featured file services designed around both VMware EVO: RAIL and VMware Virtual SAN. NexentaConnect “adds both NFS and SMB file services, along with data protection and reduction, without additional hardware needs.”
NexentaConnect for VMware Virtual SAN benefits include:
- Managed through VMware vSphere Web Client interface
- Capacity saving using inline compression and de-duplication
- Performance and health monitoring
- Folder and volume level snapshots, replication and backup capabilities for DR scenarios
- Maintains data integrity during various stressful tasks, network/disk/host recovery
Supermicro’s VMware EVO: RAIL solutions’ benefits include:
- Starts with four independent hosts and a distributed datastore, implemented on the 2U TwinPro2 SuperServer.
- Fault tolerance, reliability and automatic scale-out are key features implemented though VMware software technologies and Supermicro hardware designs.
- EVO: RAIL Deployment, Configuration, and Management enables power-on to VM creation in minutes, easy VM deployment and non-disruptive upgrade.
- Embraces latest compute, storage and networking technologies, with leading VMware certified components for peace-of-mind implementation.
- Backed by Supermicro Global Service as a single point of contact for hardware and software support.
Supermicro’s VMware Virtual SAN solutions’ benefits include:
- Single bundle for procurement
- Radically Simple Storage
- Lower TCO by up to 50%
- High Performance
- Fault Tolerance
The solutions will be available next month, November 2014.