February 7th, 2017 by Adam Armstrong
Acronis Adds Office 365 To Its Backup 12 Solution
Today Acronis announced the latest addition to its Acronis Backup 12 solution. Acronis added Microsoft Office 365 functionality to Backup 12. Acronis states that with this solution, Acronis Backup 12 is now the most complete, small business backup solution, enabling businesses to protect all data, local and in the cloud, with a single solution, single configuration, and a single interface.
As we previously stated, Acronis Backup 12 solution provides data protection for Microsoft Exchange, Office365, SharePoint, Active Directory, Windows Server, Windows PC, Hyper-V, Azure, and Azure Stack. Acronis Backup 12 will also support the upcoming Microsoft Windows Server 2016, including Hyper-V with resilient change tracking. Last year Acronis stated that they saw over 40% growth in adoption of Acronis Backup 12. Now Acronis is adding Microsoft Office 365 backup features (that had been previously available in Acronis Backup Cloud) enabling Cloud Service Providers to protect their customers’ Microsoft Office 365 environments.
Microsoft Office 365 is widely used by companies in several industries. Not only does it use the common and preferred word processing and spreadsheet formats, it also gives small businesses lots of flexibility in managing email. Adding Office 365 to Acronis Backup 12 gives businesses control of how and where they choose to backup their Office 365 files.
Acronis Backup 12 provides easy protection for Microsoft Office 365 with:
- Automatic backup of Microsoft Office 365 emails, including contacts, calendars, tasks, and attachments
- Ability to store backup data locally or in the cloud, for long-term access or archiving purposes
- Preview, browsing and searching capabilities of the backup content;
- Ability to recover individual and shared mailboxes to the original or an alternative location
- Ability to recover and deliver individual items by email without restoring the entire backup
- Acronis Active Protection against ransomware: protecting user devices and data by blocking the attacks and instantly restoring affected data (will be available in the next update)
Along with support for Office 365, the same update brings in support for VMware vSphere 6.5. This includes agentless and agent-based VM and ESXi host backup, support of VMware CBT, Acronis Instant Recovery, Acronis vmFlashback, Replication with WAN optimization, and other technical and performance improvements.
Availability and Pricing
Acronis Backup Office 365 Subscription Licenses are available online and from local distributors. The monthly price per mailbox ranges between $1.67 and $3.33 depending on geography, volume and the subscription term.