June 20th, 2017 by Adam Armstrong
Datos IO & NetApp Partner To Deliver Cloud Data Protection
Today Datos IO announced a new data protection solution that combines NetApp’s SolidFire array technology and ONTAP software with its RecoverX software. The solution will be able to extend NetApp’s Data Fabric with next-generation backup and recovery for next-generation databases and cloud applications. The two companies will be demonstrating this new technology at MongoDB World ’17 at booth #20.
Customers are leveraging next-generation databases including MongoDB as part of their digital transformation. Utilizing this type of technology will drive operational efficiency and deliver top line growth with new business applications. While that seems great, architecting and managing next-generation solutions may be a bit more difficult and need a different answer like the joint solution announced today. RecoverX provides the cloud recovery and backup while SolidFire provides all-flash storage and ONTAP provides the necessary management.
- Application-consistent backup and any point-in-time (APT) recovery for both sharded and unsharded MongoDB clusters, deployed either on-premise or natively in the cloud
- Protection of commercial MongoDB deployments in production without disruption (no quiescing of MongoDB database)
- Support for geo-distributed deployments of MongoDB, with optimizations for local data center backup and recovery
- Significant TCO savings of 70%+ when compared against MongoDB native solutions for backup and recovery
- High resiliency to failures in the MongoDB environment (such as node failures or network failures)
The new joint solution is available now.