May 6th, 2014 by Lyle Smith
EMC Announces New Business Partner Program
EMC has announced their new global Business Partner Program (BPP), which provides EMC partners with a common unified framework. The new BPP joins all previous EMC partner programs together, creating a simple, predictable and profitable experience for each partner. Additionally, the BPP offers more flexibility and choice (in addition to greater access to solutions and services), giving partners the ability to play a leading role in both the 2nd Platform and emerging 3rd Platform of IT, which is characterized by the mega trends of social, mobile, cloud and Big Data.
With BPP, partners can choose the tracks that best fit their strategic objectives. The BPP tracks include: EMC resell, distribution, cloud service provider, system integrator and outsourcer as well as the RSA SecurWorld program. Additionally, Partners in multiple tracks can use dollars earned, as well as training credits, in one track across other tracks for maximum flexibility. As a result, this lowers costs and allows for investment in new lines of business with EMC.
EMC offers cross-program training credits for those partners qualified in VMware, Pivotal, RSA and VCE programs, significantly reducing the partner’s investments in sales or technical certifications. EMC will also offer qualifying partners added incentives for reselling solutions built using a combination of EMC, VMware, Pivotal and VCE technology.
Announced today at EMC World 2014:
- The new EMC partner program is designed to increase opportunities for selling EMC solutions and services. Partners will have access to five new purpose-built solutions to drive higher value engagements across cloud, Big Data and security. EMC is also creating new Solution Centers with partners under the Business Partner Program to showcase these solutions on premises or in the cloud.
- For the first time ever, EMC is offering qualified partners expanded access to resell and deliver an enhanced portfolio of Consulting Services that leverage industry leading methodologies, best practices, and resources. Partners will also be eligible for greater performance incentives that recognize and reward partners for excellence in service sales.
- The new Business Partner Program also features predictable, richer rebates for resell partners. Solution Provider partners will now earn rebates for selling EMC products, software, and services starting at the first dollar of sales and increasing at a graduated rate as specific revenue thresholds are met. This promises a simpler, more predictable and more profitable experience for partners. The Solution Provider track also features a new, elite Platinum tier for partners that achieve expert levels of accreditation and certification in the resale, design and implementation of EMC solutions.
New Cloud Service Provider Offerings
- As market dynamics change, and cloud adoption grows, EMC has experienced a dramatic increase in the number of Cloud Service Providers (CSPs) partners over the last year. In order to address the transition and enable new opportunities, CSPs can take advantage of new go-to-market features like Cloud Service Provider Bid Desk, an EMC lead development service and Cloud Partner Connect Program, where EMC matches resell partners with CSPs to resell, refer or white label their EMC powered cloud offerings to create and sell private, public and hybrid cloud offerings at scale.
Partner Solution Innovation Center
- Lastly, EMC is announcing the new Partner Solution Innovation Center for Global Alliance partners. Located in Bangalore India, the center will feature subject matter experts working with Global Alliance partners to validate and create unique, industry focused solutions that feature technology from EMC’s federated businesses. These solutions will help meet the needs of our customers and enable the development of new market opportunities.
EMC Channel-Only Storage and Data Protection Products
EMC redefines its entry-level protection storage lineup with the introduction of the EMC Data Domain DD2200 deduplication storage system, which includes a full-featured Data Domain system designed specifically for small-to-midrange enterprises. By combining the DD2200 with the EMC Data Protection Suite, customers will be able to benefit from a complete EMC backup and archive solution with optimized integration.
EMC also is offering 11 new VSPEX infrastructure configurations, which will be available sometime in May. They will offer brand new flexibility in the storage layer of VSPEX infrastructure with all-flash and software-defined storage options in the second half of 2014.