May 5th, 2014 by Lyle Smith
EMC Data Domain DD2200 Deduplication Storage System Announced
EMC has announced the new Data Domain DD2200 deduplication storage system, which provides no-compromise data protection for midmarket customers. With the new DD2200 EMC, customers can now: backup 36TB of data in under 8 hours at 4.7TB/hr ingest performance using DD Boost; protect up to 860TB logical capacity in 2U with up to 17.2TB usable capacity; simultaneously support up to 60 backup/archive streams; support for 1 billion files specifically for large archive work loads.
With this release, midmarket customers can now:
- Reduce data protection storage requirements by 10 to 30x
- Achieve network-efficient disaster recovery with Data Domain Replicator
- Gain reliable recovery with the Data Domain Data Invulnerability Architecture
- Speed backups by 50% with Data Domain Boost to meet increasingly stringent SLAs
- Easily integrate with existing backup and archiving applications
- Optimize data protection via advanced integration with the newly enhanced EMC Data Protection Suite
- Reduce cost through consolidation of backup and archive work loads
The DD2200 also offers new technology that maintains in-flight data (data that is in memory, but hasn’t yet been written to disk) in the event of power loss, ensuring that data will be automatically vaulted to disk. Soon as power is restored, the data will be automatically restored to memory so it can be permanently written to disk. In conjunction with the Data Domain Data Invulnerability Architecture, this technology will ensure that the DD2200 offers best-in-class reliability, which is a critical requirement for a protection storage platform.
By delivering the DD2200 through EMC’s global network of channel partners, EMC is striving towards successful implementations for its midmarket customers, who can also implement it using new VSPEX solutions.
With VSPEX, customers can easily purchase the DD2200 with the new VNXe3200 for the ultimate storage and data protection solution. In addition, VSPEX solutions also include the EMC Data Protection Suite, allowing customers to protect their VNXe with EMC NetWorker and take advantage of the new NetWorker snapshot management capabilities to roll over VNXe snapshots to a Data Domain system.