January 19th, 2015 by Adam Armstrong
ExaGrid Posts Record Growth in 2014
ExaGrid Systems Inc. has announced that it had double-digit growth from 2013 to 2014. For its fourth quarter revenue, the company had record bookings and was both cash and P&L positive in all four quarters of last year and for the entire year of 2014.
ExaGrid has landing zone technology allowing for very fast backups, restores, recoveries, to go along with support for offsite tape copies. ExaGrid uses a scale-out architecture that adds to backup performance, total capacity, and eliminates the need for forklift upgrades. ExaGrid appliances have high compatibility with most backup software suites. And they take VM boots to minutes or seconds, depending on the size.
ExaGrid had many highlights in 2014 including:
- Sold over 8,000 appliances
- More than doubled the full backup capacity in its GRID architecture, announcing a 448TB full backup in a single scale-out GRID system
- Became the industry’s first tech company to have over 350 published customer success stories, more than all of its competitors combined.
- Attained highest position in the visionary quadrant in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Took the majority of the top product positions in the DCIG under $50K and under $100K appliance categories
- The first vendor to integrate with the Veeam Data Mover
- Increased support to over 25 backup applications and utilities
- Signed Ingram Micro as a major distributor for North America
- Expanded sales channels in mainland China.
Not only did ExaGrid have a good financial year it was also a year in innovation for the company:
- They released the cost-effective ExaGrid EX32000E. The EX32000E can take in up to a 32TB full backup and is scalable up 448TB (with 14 appliances in a scale-out GRID), comes with the Landing Zone technology for fast restores, integrates with almost all backup software available, and a fully loaded GRID has an ingest rate over 100TB an hour.
- In order to increase backup performance and better disaster recovery points, ExaGrid uses their Adaptive Deduplication. Backups are written straight to disk in their full undeduplicated form which is how they gain their speed increases in restores, recoveries, offsite tape copies, and VM boots. Deduplication is performed in parallel with backups providing a strong disaster recovery point.
- Veeam and ExaGrid developed an integration that lets Veeam Data Mover run on an ExaGrid appliance. A full Veeam synthetic backup can be performed six times faster.
- ExaGrid has eliminated the need for forklift upgrades and product obsolescence by offereing ten appliances that can work with any other appliance in a single GRID. The appliances are of various sizes and can be mixed and matched in a single scale-out GRID.
Several leading experts (including Gartner, DCIG, ESG, IDC, InfoTech, and Storage Switzerland) have praised ExaGrid. It has been ranked by some as the "best at disk-based backup storage with deduplication." With continued innovation like it had this year, ExaGrid is positioned for yet another successful year in 2015.