March 16th, 2016 by Lyle Smith
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Hyper Converged 380 Announced
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) has announced the Hyper Converged 380 (HC 380), the company’s a new all-in-one compute, software-defined storage and intelligent virtualization appliance specifically designed to help mid-sized and remote office branch office enterprises deploy VMs within a matter of minutes.
The HC 380 uses an intuitive and simple User Experience management software package, making it seamless to use on both desktops and mobile devices. HPE indicates that its fast self-installation process allows users to:
- Spend more time innovating: Only five clicks are needed to deploy VMs and 15 minutes to add capacity with customizable, repeated templates for VM provisioning. The mobile-ready UX lets IT managers provision, decommission and then re-commission VMs in seconds – all from their mobile phone.
- Increase productivity and flexibility: Built in analytics and tools enables IT to reduce VM sprawl and over-provisioning of VMs by 90 percent.
Using the single management pane design of the HC 380, HPE adds that IT generalists will be able to update firmware and drivers in only three clicks. This is done without service interruption all the while reducing the potential for errors and increasing uptime. In addition, HPE offers the following benefits:
- Eliminate data silos and reduce complexity: The HC 380 is built on HPE StoreVirtual VSA enabling data mobility across systems and sites and with built-in enterprise data services that ensure continuous productivity with proven five 9s availability.
- HPE simplifies support: A single point of contact for both HPE hardware, software and private cloud, as well as VMware environments. HPE’s experts are available to help customers quickly adopt the HC 380, as well as provide proactive advice and rapid response to issues 24/7.
The HC 380 also is available in flexible options, which should allow businesses to find pretty much any size of appliance that fits within their budget. Its two-node hyper-converged build gives their customers the ability to grow and scale-out to up to 16 nodes. In addition, HPE indicates:
- Flexibility to scale: HPE offers customers several IT investment options to take advantage of a hyper-converged infrastructure and pay-as-you-grow. HPE Flexible Capacity is a full-service solution which includes IT and support, with variable monthly payment aligned to usage. HPE Pre-Provisioning delivers quick access to pre-configured hardware in advance of need, and a per virtual machine payment model.
- Lowest cost to protect: With HPE StoreVirtual VSA technology, customers can reduce disaster recovery costs by 62 percent.
In addition, HPE provides their customers with rapid response and 24/7 operations support from senior experts.
Pricing and availability
The HC 380 is slated for a release on March 31, 2016, with pricing revealed at that time.