May 30th, 2017 by Lyle Smith
Intel SSD DC P4501 Series Announced
Intel has announced the SSD DC P4501 Series, the newest addition to their 2nd Generation Intel 3D NAND SSD family. Built from the ground up with an all-new Intel designed NVMe controller and firmware, the new Intel SSD is touted as a low-power SSD for the data center, fitting nicely alongside the recently announced Intel DC P4500 and DC P4600 Series. The DC P4501 Series has also been optimized for read-intensive workloads and to maximize CPU utilization, which allows data centers to increase users, add more services, and perform more workloads per server.
Available in U.2 (2.5 inch for serviceability, density and hot-plugging) and M.2 (110mm for ultra-high density) form factors, the P4501 has also been optimized for high performance-per-watt, power efficiency, and low power envelopes. This allows organizations to maximize their storage capacity without suffering from the higher power-consumption demands of larger form factors. For improved reliability and management ease, the P4501 drive supports data-at-rest encryption, which helps to decrease data breaches, and end-to-end data protection, which helps to eliminate silent data errors. Moreover, advanced manageability features, such as NVM Express-Management Interface (NVMe-MI), give users the ability to remotely monitor, manage and remediate the Intel drive across more device states and streamline essential services.
Intel SSD DC P4501 Series Specifications
- Capacities: 500GB, 1TB, 2TB, 4TB
- 64K Sequential read/write: up to 3,200/900 MB/s
- 4K Random read/write: up to 360,000/46,000 IOPS
- Manageability: Support for NVM Express-Management Interface (NVMe-MI), NVMe SMART/Health and Log Pages
- Reliability: End-to-end data protection from silent data corruption; uncorrectable bit error rate < 1 sector per 1017 bits read PLI protects data during power loss
- Interface: PCIe 3.1 x4, NVMe 1.2
- Form Factors:
- U.2 2.5 in x 7 mm (for serviceability, hot-plug, and density)
- M.2 110 x 22 mm (for ultra-high density)
- Media: Intel 3D NAND, TLC
- Endurance: Random/JEDEC up to 1 DWPD or 5 PBW, sequential up to 3 DWPD or 20 PBW
- Tunable Maximum Power:
- U.2: 8, 10, 12.5 W
- M.2: 6 to 8.25 W
- Idle Power
- U.2 <5 watts
- M.2 <3 watts
- Warranty: 5-year warranty
The Intel DC P4501 series is available for order now.