May 31st, 2012 by Josh Linden
NETGEAR ReadyDATA Family Offers up to 180TB of Affordable Storage
NETGEAR has announced the new ReadyDATA unified storage family, featuring up to 180TB of storage with native deduplication, replication, thin provisioning, unlimited snapshots, and support for SATA, SAS and SSD disk drives. The first products in this new line include the ReadyDATA 5200, with up to 12 drives and support for two expansion disk arrays in a 2U enclosure, and the ReadyDATA EDA4000, a 4U expansion disk array allowing up to 24 additional drives.
ReadyDATA can leverage thin provisioning in virtual environments, replicate files and databases to offsite locations, and recover data from unlimited point-in-time snapshots. ReadyDATA systems include NETGEAR’s cloud-managed replication technology, offering disaster recovery without additional backup and recovery infrastructure.
ReadyDATA Technology Overview
- Thin provisioning, compression and de-duplication of block (SAN) and file (NAS) data
- Replication over 128-bit SSL connections
- Unlimited snapshots
- 180TB maximum capacity
- Two 10GbE interfaces
- Mixed SATA, SAS and SSD configurations
- Instant capacity expansion support without RAID configuration time
- Backup software compatibility with Symantec, Acronis, CommVault, StorageCraft, Veeam and Quest
- Virtual network interface support for traffic management
- Virtualization certifications from VMware, Microsoft and Citrix
NETGEAR ReadyDATA products will be available worldwide in late June. List price for the ReadyDATA 5200 with 12 enterprise SATA drives is $14,000, with a North American street price expected under $10,000. The ReadyDATA EDA4000 is listed at $3500, with a North American street price expected around $2,500 USD (SATA, SAS, and SSD drive packs are sold separately).