October 30th, 2017 by Adam Armstrong
ONTAP Select Is Now Available On The IBM Marketplace
Today NetApp announced that the software-only data management version of ONTAP, ONTAP Select, is now available on the IBM Marketplace. The availability of the software on IBM’s marketplace brings all of the benefits to a new set of customers. These customers can use their IBM hardware and the proven capabilities of ONTAP Select.
With the release of ONTAP 9 in May of last year, NetApp released the software-only version of its data management solution in ONTAP Select. Select brings many benefits of ONTAP to hardware of a customers' choosing. Being software-defined, Select can also work in areas where data is in multiple forms and spread out in various locations. It also allows for the use of NVMe drives with ONTAP. With today's announcement, IBM customers can now take advantage of ONTAP Select.
- Market-leading data management and mobility across on-premises, cloud, and hybrid cloud environments with ONTAP software
- Flexibility to quickly spin up or spin down resources as you need for seasonality, data temperature, and optimal storage economics
- Storage efficiency, performance and High security from a dedicated, hosted private cloud
- Seamless connection between on-premises and cloud-based environments
- An optimal system for DevOps, so you can accelerate time to value while lowering costs
- Advanced management and high-availability and data protection functions when you combine ONTAP Select with NetApp Snapshot, FlexClone, SnapMirror, SnapVault, and SnapRestore technologies
- Full access to the native VMware stack and management tools
ONTAP Select is available now for download or a free trial and can now be found on the IBM Marketplace through the link below.