November 16th, 2016 by Lyle Smith
Seagate Unveils the IronWolf Pro 10TB NAS HDD
Seagate Technology has announced the Seagate IronWolf Pro NAS HDD, which is designed for small-to-midsize enterprises that manage huge amounts of data as well as workload rates of up to 300TB. The new IronWolf drive is also backed by a standard two-year Seagate Rescue Data Recovery Service Plan, a warranty that covers disasters such as floods, fires and even accidental damage.
For further optimization in NAS environments, the new Seagate drive leverages AgileArray, a technology that helps businesses improve performance for file-sharing, backup and private cloud environments. In addition, Seagate claims that AgileArray provides drive balancing by using dual-plane balance and rotational vibration sensors, RAID optimization for increased performance and advanced power management.
Seagate indicates the following key features:
- Rotational vibration (RV) sensors to support consistent performance by reducing vibration in one-to-16-bay NAS systems.
- 10TB capacity means more physical bay space available for redundancy or more storage.
- Expanded multi-user capabilities to deliver a user workload rate of 300TB per year.
- IronWolf Pro includes Seagate's market-leading Rescue Data Recovery service, which covers accidental damage as well as damage caused by a natural disaster, such as a fire or flood.
- Capacity: 10TB, 8TB, 6TB
- Rotational Vibration Sensors
- Power-On Hours
- Reliability/Data Integrity
- Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) (hours): 1.2M
- Reliability Rating @ Full 24×7 Operation (AFR): 0.73%
- Nonrecoverable Read Errors per Bits Read, Max: 10E15 1 per 10E15
- Power-On Hours (per year): 8760
- Sector Size (Bytes per Logical Sector): 512E
- Rescue Services: Yes
- Spindle Speed (RPM): 7200
- Interface Access Speed (Gb/s) 6.0, 3.0, 1.5
- Max Sustained Transfer Rate OD (MB/s) 214, 195
- Average Latency (ms) 4.16
- Interface Ports: Single
- Rotational Vibration @ 10-1500 Hz (rad/s2): 12.5
- 5-year warranty