June 25th, 2015 by Adam Armstrong
Supermicro Announces Solutions For Red Hat, Ceph, And OpenStack
Today at the Red Hat Summit, Super Micro Computer Inc. announced that it would be delivering Open Source optimized solutions across its portfolio of computing and storage platforms. Supermicro’s Red Hat solutions will now support Linux 7 for open hybrid cloud and enterprise workloads across converged infrastructures. Supermicro also announced that its next generation X10 Storage Servers will be optimized for Ceph.
Supermicro's large selection of solutions will leverage Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platforms to offer customers fully integrated, optimized foundation for building OpenStack cloud infrastructure. Supermicro’s solutions for Red Hat come in form factors from 1U to 42U and are designed for high performance, density, and capacity. Supermicro’s next generation X10 Storage Servers feature the latest Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3 processor family and come in form factors 1U through 4U. All of the solutions come with Supermicro’s server management software and global support services.
Supermicro SuperServer Solutions for Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platforms:
- 1U/2U Ultra SuperServers - Dual Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3 (up to 36 cores and 160W TDP), 3TB DDR4 2133MHz in 24x DIMMs, 2.5” hot-swap NVMe SSD 2x in 1U, 4x in 2U, SATA3 and SAS3 12Gb/s support, up to 8x PCI-E 3.0 slots in 2U, 10GBase-T and 10G SFP+ support, IPMI 2.0 + KVM with dedicated LAN, redundant Titanium level high-efficiency (96%+) digital power supplies
- 2U TwinPro (2-node), 2U TwinPro² (4-node) SuperServers - Dual Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3 (up to 36 cores and 145W TDP), up to 1TB DDR4, 2133MHz LRDIMM in 16x DIMMs, PCI-E 3.0 x16, PCI-E 3.0 x8 LP (2U TwinPro), and "0 slot" flexible rear expansion for add-on card solutions such as PCI-E SSD, 10GbE with SFP+, or GPU/Xeon Phi; 10GBase-T, InfiniBand, or Gigabit Ethernet networking options; up to 4x NVMe and 8x SAS3 12Gbps 2.5" hot-swap SSDs per node; co-processor support (2U TwinPro); IPMI 2.0 + KVM with dedicated LAN; SATA DOM power connector; TPM 1.2 header; and redundant Titanium Level high-efficiency (96%+) digital power supplies
- 4U FatTwin – High-density 8/4/2 hot-plug node SuperServers - Dual Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3 (up to 36 cores and 145W TDP), up to 1TB DDR4 2133MHz Reg. ECC in 16x DIMMs, PCI-E 3.0, up to 8x 3.5" hot-swap HDD bays per U in 4U 4-node or up to 6x double-width NVIDIA GPU/Intel Xeon Phi Coprocessor per node in 4U 2-node configuration NVMe, SAS3 12Gbps, SATA3 6Gb/s, GbE, 10GBase-T, IPMI 2.0 with KVM over dedicated LAN, redundant Titanium Level high-efficiency (96%+) digital power supplies.
- 3U MicroCloud – 24/12/8 hot plug node SuperServers - Nodes support Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v2/v3, Intel Atom processor C2750 SoC (20W, 8-Core), E3-1200 v2/v3/v4 family, Intel 4th/5th Gen Core socket H3 from 13W to 84W, AMD Opteron 3000 series (3300 ready) processor, 8/4-Core; Socket AM3+, up to 256GB LRDIMM, 128GB RDIMM, up to 2133MHz DDR4 ECC or up to 64GB DDR3 VLP ECC UDIMM 1600MHz support, 2x 3.5" hot-swap SATA3/SAS, 2x 2.5" SATA3 HDD/SSDs or 2x 3.5" SATA3; optional kit for 4x 2.5" SATA (2x SATA3 + 2x SATA3) HDDs, Low-profile PCI-E x8 expansion support, IPMI 2.0 with KVM over dedicated LAN, redundant 1620W Titanium Level high-efficiency (96%+) digital power supplies
- 6U MicroBlade – Supports DP/UP Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3, E3-1200 v4, D-1500, or Intel Atom C2000 processors, and up to 4 HDDs/SSDs and a SATADOM per server. MicroBlade enclosure can incorporate up to 2 Chassis Management Modules, and up to 4/2x 10/2.5/1/GbE SDN switches for efficient, high-bandwidth communications. It can incorporate up to 8x redundant (N+1 or N+N) 2000W/1600W Titanium/Platinum Level high-efficiency (96%/95%) power supplies with cooling fans
- 3U MicroBlade –Supports Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3, E3-1200 v4, D-1500, or Intel Atom C2000 processors, and up to 4x HDD/SSDs and 1x SATADOM per server. MicroBlade enclosure can incorporate 1 Chassis Management Module, and up to 2x 25/10/2.5/1GbE SDN switches for efficient, high-bandwidth communications. It also features up to 4x redundant (N+1 or N+N) 2000W/1600W Titanium/Platinum Level high-efficiency (96%/95%) power supplies with cooling fans
- 7U SuperBlade – Supports Intel Xeon Processor E5-2600 v3, up to 6x DIMM slots, 1TB LRDIMM, 512GB RDIMM or 128GB UDIMM, 2x Intel Xeon Phi or NVIDIA Tesla Kepler K10X/K20M/K40M/K20X/K80; GRID K1/K2 (GPU Blade), up to 3x hot-plug NVMe + 3x hot-swap SAS3 12Gb/s HDDs or 6x Hot-swap 2.5" SAS3 HDD Bays (StorageBlade), 4x QDR (40Gb) InfiniBand or 10GbE mezzanine HCA, Platinum Level high-efficiency (96%+) digital power supplies with cooling fans
Supermicro Scale-Out Storage Solutions Optimized for Red Hat Ceph:
- SYS-6018R-MON2 – 1U/4-bay dual processor server with dual SFP+ 10G LAN
- MON2 is a general-purpose 1U server populated with CPU and memory to excel at cluster monitor and management roles. Supermicro MON hardware configurations are also a great fit for RBD and Swift gateways. A minimum of 3x systems is required to form a Ceph cluster quorum.
- SSG-2028R-OSD072P – 2U/12-bay with 6TB/7k SATA drives and 1x NVMe (12+1) OSD72 is a flexible 72TB server with a single processor installed, a great choice for throughput-optimized configurations. A second processor can be installed for deployment in IaaS environments.
- SSG-6048R-OSD216 – 4U/36-bay with 6TB/7k SATA drives (36+0) OSD216 is a capacity optimized system for large block sequential applications like backup and archive. Under load it has enough hard drives to saturate the 10G client interface.
- SSG-6048R-OSD216P – 4U/36-bay with 6TB/7k SATA drives and 2x NVMe SSD (36+2) OSD216P offers the best balance of capacity and performance featuring SSDs to improve use in mixed workloads.
- SSG-6048R-OSD432 – 4U/72-bay with 6TB/7k SATA drives (72+0) OSD432 is a 432TB capacity optimized system for large block sequential applications like backup and archive.
- SSG-6048R-OSD360P – 4U/72-bay with 6TB/7k SATA drives and 12 SATA SSD (60+12) OSD360P is a 360TB capacity optimized system with SSD for OSD journaling.