November 12th, 2019 by Adam Armstrong
Dell Technologies on Demand Offers Consumption As-a-Service
Today at the Dell Technologies Summit in Austin, Texas, the company announced its consumption-based and as-a-service solutions for on-premises infrastructure and services, Dell Technologies on Demand. Dell states that the new service give IT the agility of cloud and the control, performance and predictability of on-premises infrastructure. The new consumption model covers the newly announced PowerOne and Dell EMC PowerEdge servers (down to processor-based usage).
Pay-as-you-go pricing has really gained traction in recent years. According to Gartner, by 2022, 15% of new deployments of on-premises computing will involve pay-per-use pricing, up from less than 1% in 2019. Capitalizing on this movement, Dell Technologies on Demand offers several flexible consumption options, including global support, deployment and managed services. Paying for what is used, when it is used can reduce the management of on-premises IT. Dell Technologies On Demand is stated to offer flexible payment options for an extensive range of technologies across the full infrastructure stack, including compute, storage, networking and virtualization.
- Integrating full-stack solutions from Dell Technologies Cloud to Dell Technologies Unified Workspace to engineered workload solutions for critical business applications and workloads
- Matching spending with usage through Pay As You Grow, Flex On Demand or Data Center Utility, three flexible consumption solutions that scale while providing transparency on total cost of ownership throughout the technology lifecycle.
- Using advanced data collection and processor-based measurement by the hour with the new Flex On Demand for PowerEdge servers to avoid the costs associated with over-provisioning.
- Providing value-added services with ProDeploy, ProSupport and Managed Services. They can be bundled effortlessly and paired with all the financial consumption models, bringing a tailored as-a-service experience.
- Expanding PCaaS to include small business, offering PC acquisition, lifecycle management of hardware, software, services and financing for growing companies in a single, predictable price per seat per month.
Dell Technologies is extending its new consumption model to its channel partners as well. Over 2,00 channel partners already are using payment solutions from Dell Financial Services (DFS). Now channel partners will be able to resell Dell Technologies On Demand to their customers.