October 23rd, 2018 by Marshall Gunnell
NetApp Announces New Solutions at Insight 2018
NetApp announced today at its annual NetApp Insight event the release of several new solutions that to provide support for applications across hybrid cloud and multicloud environment, which should improve business growth and provide data-driven outcome for its users.
The following products and services were announced:
- NetApp Cloud Insights
- Azure NetApp Files
- Cloud Volumes Service
- Cloud Volumes ONTAP
- NetApp HCI
- Saas Backup for Microsoft Office 365
- NetApp Data Availability Services
When it comes to making better business decisions, improving customer experiences, and leveraging IoT to offer new services and develop new business models, cloud reliance is essential. However, integrating, protecting, and optimizing data stored in any cloud environment is the main factor in having success in the cloud. These new data products and services announced by NetApp empower customers to continuously move forward in the cloud and stay ahead in a quickly evolving landscape.
NetApp Cloud Insights, designed to monitor modern cloud architectures such as Kubernetes and micro-services, is a Saas-based tool that provides monitoring and cost optimization for dynamic hybrid-cloud based infrastructures.
NetApp Cloud Insights provides the following benefits:
- Reduces cloud infrastructure costs by an average of 33 percent.
- Reduces mean time to resolution by up to 90 percent.
- Monitors and prevents up to 80 percent of cloud-infrastructure issues from ever impacting end-users.
Azure NetApp Files, a NetApp ONTAP powered Azure file-service, enables file-based enterprise workloads to be moved and deployed in Microsoft Azure through enterprise-grade storage and data management.
Azure NetApp Files provides the following benefits:
- Manages application data from within the Azure environment to bring more applications to the cloud. Limited preview will expand to US East and US West 2 Azure data-center regions.
- Integration with Azure provides an intuitive Azure experience and no learning curve for storage admins.
- High-performance data service, optimized for business-critical data sets, offers automated resource deployment through RES APIs and CLI access.
NetApp Cloud Volumes ONTAP offers data control, cost efficiency, and business continuity for today’s rapidly expanding enterprise.
NetApp Cloud Volumes ONTAP provides the following benefits:
- With Cloud Volumes ONTAP, users can benefit from built-in high-availability failover functionality, regardless if they’re using Azure or AWS to run their applications in the cloud.
- With SnapLock Enterprise support, users are able to meet and satisfy organization policies and regulations and protect data against malicious attacks such as ransomware or cryptoviral extortion.
- NetApp Cloud Tiering Service autotiers on-premises data to the cloud, allowing for optimization of data location.
Hybrid Cloud Certifications include the first Expert-level certification for NetApp, and two new certifications for Hybrid Cloud Administrator and Hybrid Cloud Architect.
Hybrid Cloud Certifications require:
- NetApp Certified Hybrid Cloud Administrator (NS0-300) exam
- One of the following cloud provider certifications:
- Microsoft: Architecting MS Azure Solution
- Google: Google Cloud Certified Professional
- Amazon: AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate
- Cloud Architect
NetApp HCI enables the business value of hyperconvergence by meeting enterprise requirements through a new hybrid cloud infrastructure architecture.
NetApp HCI with SolidFire Element software provides the following benefits:
- Now supports SnapMirror to Cloud Volumes ONTAP, delivers seamless integration between public and private cloud.
- H410C and H610C compute nodes have been added to the NetApp HCI portfolio. Customers can accelerate VDI environments and consolidate multiple workloads without bottlenecks with the GPU-based H610C compute node.
- Users now have the flexibility and scale to consolidate private cloud, container services, VDI, and enterprise applications without silos through the ability to mix and match compute nodes with independent scaling of compute and storage.
Saas Backup offers backup and restore for Microsoft Office 365 Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, and OneDrive for Business data to secondary locations in the cloud or on-premise.
Saas Backup for Office 365 provides the following benefits:
- SaaS Backup for Office 365 can now be hosted on service providers own data centers, offering customers additional choices for where they want their data to be stored and who they choose to provide the service.
- Safeguard business continuity with backup, find, and recover for email, calendars, contacts, tasks, site collections, sites, lists, and file data.
- GDPR-ready Saas backup service, with support for EXO, OD4B, SPO Groups, and Shared Mailboxes, ensures compliance with government regulations.
NetApp Data Availability Services, a next-generation backup and data management service, is designed to reduce the cost and complexity of data backup by backing data up to the cloud and allowing reuse of the copy in the cloud.
NetApp Data Availability Services provides the following benefits:
- Steamlines operations for backup, disaster recovery, and other workloads that involve data copies.
- Lowers ONTAP data backup costs with a web-based management and data protection tool.
- Creates active data copies in the cloud.
- Reuse data on secondary ONTAP storage for the acceleration of software development, testing, analytics, and reporting.