August 28th, 2018 by Adam Armstrong
Veeam & Cisco Jointly Deliver Veeam High Availability on Cisco HyperFlex
Today Veeam Software announced that it was expanding its partnership with Cisco to release Veeam High Availability on Cisco HyperFlex. This new platform promises seamless scalability, ease of management, and support for multi-cloud environments through Cisco support services. The new platform can be used as a Veeam repository as well as running the entire Veeam Availability Platform.
Most things IT are shifting towards multi-cloud environments, or need to make the shift in order to compete. This includes data protection solutions. Companies that want to make the change for the legacy data protection need reliable, scalable, easy to manage, and support multi-site and multi-cloud environments and this change needs to happen quickly and with little incident. This is where Veeam and Cisco come in. The companies are leveraging Veeam’s Hyper-Availability Platform with Cisco’s (HCI) solution, HyperFlex, to give users data protection technologies that are reliable, can scale, and offer high-availability.
- Hyper-Availability for all workloads — virtual, physical and cloud
- Seamless scalability and reduced operational costs
- Reduced risk and accelerated time to value
- Simplified and optimized deployment: a single Cisco SKU that includes all installed software and right-sized hardware
- Simple single point of acquisition and support from Cisco
Veeam Availability on Cisco HyperFlex is expected to be generally available in the fourth quarter of 2018.