March 7th, 2017 by Adam Armstrong
Veritas & Google Announces Global Strategic Partnership For Data Management
Today at Google Cloud Next 17, Veritas Technologies announced it was expanding its partnership with Google. The expanded partnership will provide joint customers with 360 Data Management capabilities that reduce data storage costs, increase compliance and eDiscovery readiness, and accelerate the move to Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Veritas is also announcing a set of new solutions with Google Cloud.
The partnership gives the companies joint sales and support activities. While that is great for the companies, they are also working together to develop and deploy new solutions and expand on existing ones for customers. One of the new innovations is archiving and eDiscovery support for the newly launched G Suite Enterprise offering. Other benefits and solutions include:
- Lower storage costs and enhance data protection in Google Cloud Platform with Veritas NetBackup and Backup Exec: Customers can now deploy NetBackup or Backup Exec in the cloud to help protect Google Compute Engine-based workloads. In addition, NetBackup or Backup Exec customers can seamlessly move backup data to Google Cloud Storage Coldline or Nearline storage tiers, helping reduce data storage costs.
- Move archive data to the cloud to lower costs, increase scalability and enhance security with Enterprise Vault: Customers can make informed decisions about what data to keep – and what data to delete – using policy, classification and automation. At the same time, customers can take advantage of the performance and ease of use of Google Cloud Storage.
- Extend retention management and compliance readiness for G Suite Enterprise Gmail with Enterprise Vault.cloud: Customers can leverage Veritas’ SaaS-based archiving solution, which provides a standardized and consistent policy-driven retention process for G Suite Enterprise Gmail. This provides the compliance readiness necessary to help meet regulatory and data retention requirements across a host of industries.
- Respond faster to regulatory requests with Veritas eDiscovery Platform: G Suite Enterprise customers can use this intuitive software, which directly complements Enterprise Vault.cloud, to quickly search, analyze, and produce relevant Gmail data to satisfy discovery requests pertaining to compliance and legal matters.
- Test drive data management innovations in a multi-cloud, hybrid world: Customers require micro-services and API-first development to thrive in multi-cloud, hybrid environments. Google and Veritas are accelerating efforts in this space by using the Apigee API management platform to expedite application development and build a partner and customer development ecosystem. Customers will also be able to “test drive” products across multiple clouds using Google’s Orbitera cloud commerce platform in the coming quarters.
The new solutions listed above are available today.