October 15th, 2014 by Adam Armstrong
Dell Delivers Software-Defined Storage Solutions for VMware EVO: RAIL
Today at VMworld, Dell announced it will now ship NexentaConnect and NexentaStor solutions with Dell Engineered Solutions for VMware EVO: RAIL. Dell expands their offerings for VMware EVO: RAIL by fully integrating Nexenta Software-Defined Storage on Dell Engineered Solutions for VMware EVO: RAIL.
Customers are looking ways to simplify data center management, to this end Nexenta, Dell, and VMware have collaborated to bring Software-Defined Hyper-Converged solutions to a new level. By combining Dell Engineered Solutions for VMware EVO: RAIL appliances with Nexenna software, customers are given a broader set of storage capabilities, gaining even more value from their EVO: RAIL and VMware Virtual SAN environments.
Dell Engineered Solutions for VMware EVO: RAIL comes in two appliances:
- Dell Engineered Solution for VMware EVO: RAIL, Virtual Infrastructure Edition – A general-purpose solution enabling customers to quickly stand up and scale-out VMware-based virtualized instances
- Dell Engineered Solution for VMware EVO: RAIL, VMware Horizon View Edition – A VDI-specific edition which helps customers of all sizes quickly stand up VDI deployments
By offering Dell Engineered Solutions for VMware EVO: RAIL customers pre-integration of Nexenta Software-Defined Storage solutions with EVO: RAIL, Dell enables:
- Full-featured SMB and NFS services for VMware’s Virtual SAN offering with NexentaConnect for VMware Virtual SAN, for EVO: RAIL
- Acceleration and automation of VMware Horizon 6 Virtual Desktop Infrastructures with NexentaConnect for VMware Horizon to help the automation and I/O acceleration for VMware Horizon Virtual Desktop Infrastructures (VDI)
- In-line data de-duplication snapshots and compression with NexentaStor 4.1, and support for Dell Storage platforms incorporated in EVO: RAIL.