IBM FlashSystems, a key component of the IBM Storage for Data Resiliency portfolio, has added inline corruption detection using AI and ML services to detect data changes in near real-time that may be indicative of threats or direct attacks on data sets.
IBM FlashSystems, a key component of the IBM Storage for Data Resiliency portfolio, has added inline corruption detection using AI and ML services to detect data changes in near real-time that may be indicative of threats or direct attacks on data sets. IBM FlashSystem is designed to deliver verified and validated recovery times from data corruption events within hours.
In the second half of this year, IBM will extend those capabilities to the FlashCore Modules (FCM), its computational storage flash drives to deliver detection as close to the data as possible to reduce time to detection even further. This improvement will help admins act quickly and decisively to mitigate and recover from a threat while continuing to deliver business outcomes.
Additionally, IBM will simplify FlashSystem configurations with the introduction of standard configurations modeled against the most prevalent workloads in use. The three simple configuration choices for IBM FlashSystem storage include storage controller performance/capacity, number of drives, and size of each drive. Each FlashSystem runs the same operating system, eliminating any confusion about what features are available on each configuration.
Targeting small- and medium-sized companies serviced by IBM ecosystem partners will reduce system configuration time and accelerate IT schedules and initiatives based on a storage array with defined performance and capacity.
Introduced in 2013, the IBM FlashSystem has evolved over the years to include improved management, durability, hardware-driven data reduction, and encryption. The FlashSystem family includes:
- IBM FlashSystem 5000: Entry-level, cost-efficient 2U solution
- IBM FlashSystem 5200: Efficient end-to-end NVMe or hybrid flash 1U system with the performance and functionality of larger arrays
- IBM FlashSystem 7300: For the budget-constrained enterprise with mid-range workloads, the 7300 offers performance, features, and cost-efficiency
- IBM FlashSystem 9500: Top-of-the-line system engineered to tackle the most demanding business and research environments
- IBM FlashSystem 9500R: Based on the FlashSystem 9500, the 9500R is designed for clients needing an IBM-built, IBM-tested complete storage system delivered assembled, with installation and configuration completed by IBM, with ultra-high throughput and NVMe-optimized flash performance
IBM Storage FlashSystem is powered by IBM Storage Virtualize and IBM Storage Insights to optimize the storage infrastructure using predictive analytics and cloud-based management and support.
Engage with StorageReview
Newsletter | YouTube | Podcast iTunes/Spotify | Instagram | Twitter | TikTok | RSS Feed