March 11th, 2019 by Adam Armstrong
News Bits: RackTop Systems, Elastifile, SAP, Hammerspace, Datrium, & N2WS
This week’s News Bits we look at a number of small announcements, small in terms of the content, not the impact they have. RackTop Systems secures $15 million in Series A funding. Elastifile joins SAP PartnerEdge Program. Hammerspace announces seamless data management for hybrid multi-cloud Kubernetes services. Datrium introduces Datrium Forward Software Subscription Program. N2WS expands cost optimization for AWS.
RackTop Systems Secures $15 Million In Series A Funding
RackTop Systems announced that has company has just closed $15 million in Series A funding. The financing was led by Razor’s Edge Ventures and Grotech Ventures with participation from Maryland Venture Fund, Blu Venture Investors and Gula Tech Adventures. RackTop intends to use the funding for acceleration of near-term sales channel and product development expansion.
Elastifile Joins SAP PartnerEdge Program
Elastifile announced that it has become an SAP PartnerEdge Open Ecosystem – Build partner. This partnership gives customers the benefits of SAP’s full suite of cloud-hosted business applications along with Elastifile’s flexible, highly-available data management layer.
Hammerspace Announces Seamless Data Management For Hybrid Multi-Cloud Kubernetes Services
Hammerspace announced Data-as-a-Microservice in order to “uncomplicate the management of persistent data for production Kubernetes environments, while adding enterprise data protection services and governance without compromising performance and agility.” Benefits include:
- Uncomplicated Persistent Data: Global visibility and on-demand data access across clusters
- Data Protection and Governance: Snapshots, DR, metadata tagging, and policy-driven automation
- Make Any Storage Cloud-Native: Deliver unified Block and File access through a global namespace using native Kubernetes functions through the Hammerspace Container Storage Interface (CSI) plug-in
Datrium Introduces Datrium Forward Software Subscription Program
Datrium announced is software subscription program, Datrium Forward. This new program gives users software portability across hardware types on-prem or in the cloud. Benefits include:
- Portable licenses that can be used and moved across heterogeneous hardware versions and cloud infrastructures
- Term-based software licensing on cloud in 1+ year options, and in three- or five-year options on premises
- Host software, with support included, is priced per node per year
- Data node software, which provides storage persistence and HA, with support included, is priced per TB/year.
N2WS Expands Cost Optimization For AWS
The Veeam company N2WS released its N2WS Backup & Recovery v2.5, which introduces Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) and Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) resource management and control. Other updates and enhancements include:
- Management of data storage and server instances from one simple console using N2WS Resource Control
- Optimization enhancements to Amazon S3 integration, saving even more when cycling snapshots into an Amazon S3 repository
- Added support for new AWS Regions – AWS Europe (Stockholm) and AWS GovCloud (US-East) Regions with cross-region DR between AWS GovCloud US-West and AWS GovCloud US-East now available
- Expanded range of APIs allowing you to configure alerts and recovery targets
- Full support for all available APIs via a new CLI tool