August 25th, 2015 by Adam Armstrong
Nexenta Announces New OpenSDS Innovation For VMware Solutions
Today Nexenta announced innovations for VMware Solutions along with their OpenSDS solutions they plan on showcasing this year at VMworld. These new innovations will enhance interoperability with VMware for Nexenta’s entire portfolio. Nexenta will also be showcasing NexentaStor 5.0.
Nexenta’s flagship SDS solution, NexentaStor, has been successfully deployed in a diverse set of industries, including higher education, hosting, media, and virtual servers. Nexenta has been testing NexentaStor 5.0 through its community preview and will be showcasing it at VMworld. 5.0 will connect NexentaFusion and VMware vCenter Server to deliver simplified deployment, configuration and on-going management of Software-Defined Storage infrastructures.
Nexenta has a new, built-from-the-ground-up, high performance management framework that provides an easy to program, self-documenting REST API for new levels of orchestration and integration with end-user and partner ecosystems. For VMware environments, NexentaStor builds on its existing VAAI Block support with a new vCenter Plug-in. This enables multi-tenant management of NexentaStor systems, deployed on physical hardware or in VMs for easy to scale multi-tenant file services.
At VMworld 2015, Nexenta will showcase:
- NexentaStor 5.0 and NexentaFusion for simplified management, automation and real-time performance analytics of OpenSDS storage infrastructure
- High performance block and file services ideal for any cloud storage needs, near-line archive and generic file sharing use cases
- Multi-tenant management of virtualized NexentaStor 5.0 storage with vCenter Plug-in for vSphere 6, enabling simple management of advanced virtual NAS services
- Upcoming NexentaStor 5.0 support for VMware vSphere Virtual Volumes
- NexentaEdge, which provides scale-out iSCSI block storage with inline deduplication and compression for VMware vSphere, highlighting NexentaEdge’s market leading performance capabilities for virtual machine storage for both VMware and OpenStack clouds
- NexentaConnect for VMware Virtual SAN, offering full featured, easy to deploy, file services for a VMware powered hyper-converged infrastructure
- vCloud Air for NexentaStor and NexentaEdge, allowing a simple, cost-effective solution to transition storage environments to the cloud
- Scale-out object storage with NexentaEdge to support VMware Integrated OpenStack (VIO) deployments